View Full Version : Nobody saw this coming!?!?

TBone
03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0323051weise1.html

From TheSmokingGun.com...a little background info on the kid that shot up the high school in Minnesota...

ThrowingTimber
03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
:(

Uncle Matt
03-24-2005, 08:50 PM
WTF?

rhodyflyguy
03-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Is it wrong to symphatize w/ the kid? His Dad was dead, his Mom was brain damaged, and he was living with his grandpa, who had a 32 y/o live in gf. He had been picked on so much, he was tutored away from the general population.

Skip N
03-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Is it wrong to symphatize w/ the kid? His Dad was dead, his Mom was brain damaged, and he was living with his grandpa, who had a 32 y/o live in gf. He had been picked on so much, he was tutored away from the general population.

I for one have no sympathy for somone who goes into school and shoots inocent students and teachers. I hope he rots in hell :af:

tynan19
03-25-2005, 02:18 AM
I don't think anyone especially counselors can predict when someone would do such horendous act.

Striperhound
03-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Very disturbing. Back in the day schools used to make us run through bomb or tornado drills. Ok this is a test in case it happens, everyone get under your desk to protect yourself from falling debris. Times have changed, schools need to start having drills in case some sick kids comes into school to shoot up the place. :rocketem:

TunaCell
03-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Narragansett School System started those drills two years ago, an alarm sounds, any kid in the halls goes into the nearest classroom, all doors are locked, and everybody gets down and away from the windows. Not sure how effective it would be, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

fishweewee
03-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Schools = gun free victim zones.

Teachers and ordinary law abiding citizens should be able to pack heat on school grounds and engage mutants like this. Unarmed security guards are useless, as this case sadly showed.

The kid might have had a rough childhood, but the minute he brings a loaded weapon(s) into school that becomes irrelevent.

Raven
03-25-2005, 11:12 AM
on TV that he had posted a cartoon like scenario of the event on a website on the net a year before it happened..... talk about slippin thru the cracks.....:think::drool::rocketem::soon::skulz:

rhodyflyguy
03-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Narragansett School System started those drills two years ago, an alarm sounds, any kid in the halls goes into the nearest classroom, all doors are locked, and everybody gets down and away from the windows. Not sure how effective it would be, but it's at least a step in the right direction.
i guess you've never been severely bullied. for me, it was kindergarten till beginning of this (frosh) year. Physical and emotional, stuff being stolen/vandalized etc. Schools didn't do a thing. My parents were active and loving to me, though, so that made a big difference. I still suffer SEVERE depression, and still have flahbacks.

Notaro
03-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Same here, man. Kids get bullied all the time and no one even bothers to stand by them, but the rash action like this isnt an excuse or the answer.

likwid
03-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Same here, man. Kids get bullied all the time and no one even bothers to stand by them, but the rash action like this isnt an excuse or the answer.

What do you expect with the media overload kids get now?
Games, tv, war in Iraq, kill all them towelheads, nuclear weapons in North Korea, drill ANWR because daddy %$%$%$%$ says it'll actually do anything, Terry will die, sex at 12 is good, blahblahblahblahblahblah what does it all say? VIOLENCE IS GOOD! VIOLENCE IS THE KEY TO PEACE! Not only do I have huge problems with parents these days, I have problems with the school systems that don't even bother doing anything. Teachers are underpaid, put through rediculous requirements with their classes now (yes, no child left behind is a huge freaking failure.) classes are overcrowded (the student to teacher ratio is horrible now) while this may be an extreme case (real parents aren't around... it seems the kid was pretty much left to do whatever) it dosen't even take this much for a kid to snap and do something of this nature.