View Full Version : New Sponsor - Viking Marine Inc - Portsmouth, RI

JohnR
03-25-2005, 11:27 AM
In another case of bringing on High Quality sponsors here at S-B, I want to Welcome Viking Marine and owner Scott as a sponsor here at Striped-Bass.com

Scott has owned Viking Marine for several years now and carries the Scout line of boats. Scout boats are regarded as high quality boats and Viking Marine is regarded as an excellent facility to handle the sales and service of them. Scott is nearly a one man show. He handles the sales, services the boats and the outboards, and usually rigs the boats himself. But I do have one word of caution, he is slightly webophobic. What does that mean? He does not go online much :hihi: so if you want to talk to him, be sure to call him at the shop and tell him S-B sent you.

Knowing a few people that have purchased boats and had outboards serviced at Viking, including several members of this site, if you are looking for a high end fishing / family boat, I recommend you see Scott.

http://www.striped-bass.com/LOGOS/vmlogo.gif

His shop is located at 1596 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI and his # is (401) 682 2339

So please join me in welcoming Scott & Viking Marine to S-B and, uhh, I'll probably need to print this out and give it to him :hihi:

B-assman
03-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Welcome aboard Scott -

I certainly agree - Viking is a High Quality sponsor - Bought my Scout 185 SF through scott and couldn't be happier with the boat or the service at Viking!

JohnR
03-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Dave - did not know you had a scout... I know 179 got his there too (actually both Scouts)...

relentless
03-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Welcome aboard Viking, I just started as an advertiser myself and I don't think there is a finer site around. I wish you the best of luck and don't be. shy.

Dave

B-assman
03-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi Dave - did not know you had a scout... I know 179 got his there too (actually both Scouts)...

Hi John - yes I bought it in '03 from Scott- it's a 185 with a suzi 140. Prior to this I had only had sailboats - but with the kids 1 and 3 at the time I found we couldn't get the sailboat past Warwick light without someone needing a diaper change or a bottle. Plus i had a 30 yr old boat and although i used to love working on boats - my time disappeared.

So I bought the scout - just figuring it would be a way to get out on the water with the family. Then i started fishing. I fished for weeks in the spring of 03 without so much as a nibble - read a lot, talked to some folks and caught my first striper (actually 6 that day) on May 20 2003. Now Im hopelessly addicted. I put on 180hrs last season and hope/expect to do the same this year. My favorite thing to do is head to beavertail in the early morning hours with an outgoing tide - fish thru sunrise and head back to the dock about 7:30 and be at my desk by 8:30. Not a bad way to start the day!

Anyway - long answer to your question - but yes I have a scout and I think the fact that 179 went back for seconds says a lot about Scott and Viking. I know if I ever moved up to the 260 I've been drooling over - I'd give Viking the business.