View Full Version : Createx quandry?????

bassbudda
03-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Last week end, I picked op a badger air brush, complete w/ oiless compressor five bucks. Any idea of the value of this?

WENT TO MICHAEL'S TO BUY CREATEX. THEY HAD THREE TYPES: PEARLESCENT NO PROBLEMO.

BUT THEY ALSO HAD OPAQUE AND TRANSLUCENT. NO ONE IN THE STORE COULD TELL ME WHAT THE DIFFERENCES WERE.

GENTS, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE AND WHICH OF THE TWO FLAVORS SHOULD I BUY?

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON COLORS OR SHOULD I JUST IMITATE MY RATTLE CAN COLORS?

MICHAEL'S HAS A 30% OFF ENTIRE PURCHASE COUPON GOOD TODAY FROM 6-9 P.M. A.C. MOORE WILL ACCEPT THAT COUPON. A.C. ALSO IS HAVING ITS WOOD SALE 33% OFF ALL WOOD- IF ANYONE NEEDS DOWELS FOR NEEDLES OR EGGS FOR RHODY EGGS

FINALLY: THERE WAS BAIT IN QUONNY LAST SAT. THE SEALS WERE STILL THERE AND THEY AIN'T FEEDING ON PLOVERS!

Tagger
03-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Opaque colors cover well alot of times my base colors , Translucent does not cover well ,u can see thru it ,,very watery .. I don't like them .. Maybe others use them in conjunction with other colors for an effect but I have no use for them as of yet ,,Pearls are awesome,,try an opaque white belly then shoot pearl white over it when its dry . sometimes you spray colors wet over eachother when your looking for a blend on the edges..I still use rattle cans for some bases and you can spray createx on top of them when they are dry ..I do this with white ,,black,,yellow ,on chicken scratch .. You can't spray rattle cans over createx though ..
Createx paints i use the most are opaque,,pearls,,chamelions, along with the rattle cans ..I've learned alot by accident...I can fix anything because i've messed up everything ..
flouresents are good to ... pink and orange

Christian
03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
what tagger said...

i like mixing the translucents with the pearls, thats how i do wonderbreads. and you can blend really well that way.

Tagger
03-26-2005, 02:25 PM
another wonderbread recipe,,,paint plug opaque white ,,,,then spray your dots,,red ,yellow,blue.... then spray over that with pearl white . dots will show through kinda bleedy like ..