View Full Version : What Is This "Blogger" Stuff???

BigFish
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I never heard of it until today.....what is it? :huh: Blog? Bloggers? Is this new???

outfished
03-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Blogging or bloggers is fairly new. Think of it like your own personal website or board where you talk about a certain subject often political (but not always). Not unlike this board in some ways. Bloggers some say were responsible for giving Dan Rather the boot:behead: Some bloggers tend to be journalist, some have agenda's, some are just plain silly. Kind of like the OP-ED parts of a newspaper. Hope This clears thing up a little.

fishsmith
03-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I think it is information given out out in journalistic way by someone who is not an offical journalist.

We might be bloggers :pop:

or someone is just spelling booger wrong. :laugha:

outfished
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
:laugha: Very well put.

Karl F
03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
outfished... do you consider the onion, or the grudge report, bloggers?
Some have been around for a while... spreading information, or mis-information ;).... kinda like fish-web-reports :hihi:

outfished
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
No I really don't consider them bloggers as far as I can tell. Those guys are pretty much on their own and just report things that they think you may find interest in. It's not like they have members who share their opions with. I visit there once in a blue moon, but find little interest there.

Raven
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
web logs
^^^^ shortened: it became known as BLOGS ...

sorta like a public diary.... where people put down their own thoughts....

because of public access via the net....it has become a source for info.

Homerun04
03-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Glorified bulletin boards basically.....why it has become all the craze is beyond me......hype mainly IMO

tynan19
03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
outfished... do you consider the onion, or the grudge report, bloggers?
Some have been around for a while... spreading information, or mis-information ;).... kinda like fish-web-reports :hihi:

Those are the original Blogs. The word Blog has just been put into the newest issue of the dictionary.

There was an article in the Herald today on French Kids using Blogs to make fun of teachers and priciples. These kids are getting suspended from school over their published thoughts.