View Full Version : Power pro questions

buckskin
04-02-2005, 07:43 AM
I just got spooled up with 65#PP for canal jigging and was also thinking about using it for livelining herring. I've never used any braid for bait and was wondering if it any better than mono. Also how would I made my leaders. Usually I'll make up a bunch of leaders at home and attach the swivel to the mono when I need a new one and be all done. Is a shock leader brought back into the reel a better idea attached with a uni-uni knot or an albright. Just a few question becasue I'm fairly new to braid. thanks

Rob Rockcrawler
04-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I just use bout 5-6 feet of mono of fluoro attached to a 80 pound spro swivel and it works fine for me. I like the small swivels, just in case it bring it through my tip. I use a longish leader because i think i have ADD and change plugs compulsivly. I dont use a shock leader. I just dont think its necessary, but sometimes i think it would be helpful.

Edge Sportfish
04-03-2005, 10:28 AM
If you fish a fairly heavy drag, a top shot of mono is definitely advised. With no stretch in the PP you will pull more hooks w/o the mono. I tie a triple overhand (surgeons) loop in the braid and attach the mono with a No Name knot. It's a lot quicker than an Albrights, just as strong, and you can tie it in the dark. Also, for live-lining the braid is very cool from a sensitivity standpoint, you can feel EVERYTHING! Especially when your bait starts freaking out before the ultimate test- Good Luck-

G.L.