View Full Version : FLOOD WARNING!!!

C-5 CC
04-02-2005, 11:39 AM
NWS just issued a flood warning for Litchfield County CT (NW corner). They are comparing it to the Flood of 1955. I wasn't around for that one, but my parents and grandparents have told me plenty about all the damage that occured. :err: Pretty bad news for those not located on high ground.
Brandon

Rob Rockcrawler
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I heard tons about that flood from my dad, they built a chain of lakes and dams in my town after it to avoid a repeat performance. I cant see another flood like that happening again. A few weeks ago i read a article about it in the paper and they said the storm dropped 18 inches of rain, i think in one day, we are supposed to get 4-5 over the next two days. Will all this rain bump up the temp in the water or will it help keep it cool? Im trying to find the silver lining in all this rain.

spence
04-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I just flipped a few breakers for a while to install a new kitchen vent hood.

I SHUT OFF MY SUMP PUMP :nailem: :behead:

Water water everywhere...

-spence

Sandbartender
04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Brandon, the Chrysler dealer in New Milford (by the Housy bridge) moved all of his their cars outta there to higher ground.

Newboater
04-03-2005, 05:10 PM
If I'm not mistaked that flood in the Northeast was caused by Hurricane Diane. I was 12 or 13 then and worked in Stafford Springs, CT shoveling out cellars for businesses down town. Nasty seeing a school bus tumbling end over end down main street.

Sarge :kewl:

Squid kids Dad
04-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Pool party in my cellar tonight..All are invited... :whackin:

Swimmer
04-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey Squidder,
Do you have any extra PFD's or do I need to bring my own. :bgi: