View Full Version : The Big One

Bill L
04-02-2005, 08:32 PM
It was really nice seeing Charlie Cinto and his 73# bass at the Hab-A-Tat booth at the show. I couldn't resist buying the replica Goo Goo Eyes from the Hab's factory, which Charlie graciously signed.

After the show, I found myslef thinking that I don't really know the whole story about the MA record 73# bass caught in 1967. Today, I was looking through the On The Water special issue that was at the show, and there on page 68 was "The Night of the Big One", by Charlie himself. What a great story, and what a pleasure it was to shake his hand.

mikecc
04-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I got the same color signed

BigFish
04-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Charlie is one of the nicest guys around......a true gentleman and he certainly does not toot his own horn! Ask him about the fish and he will gladly tell you the story, otherwise.....business as usual. He is always a pleasure to be around. I am sure he is enjoying the weekend in Rhody. :)

tynan19
04-02-2005, 10:48 PM
I saw him walking around with a Tatoo sticker on his back.

fishaholic18
04-03-2005, 07:47 AM
I saw him walking around with a Tatoo sticker on his back.
I wonder who stuck that there?! :spam: LOL

TheRattBoy
04-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I bought one of those plugs and had Charlie sign it too...also had J.Hab's and Tattoo sign it as well...Mike said it was the FIRST plug that he has ever signed , you WON'T be seeing that on E-Bay! :kewl: :) johnny