View Full Version : finding bass

bassn
04-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Where can I find the best fishing in late June? I'll be on Cape Cod or the islands depending on where the bass are. Also, is a boat necessary at that time of the year or might surf fishing do well?

Crazy Alberto
04-06-2005, 10:20 AM
There is no need for boat! There should be plenty of bass around the end of June! Just concentrate the dark nights , work the tides and the structure. :)

"Crazy" Alberto
NonStopFisher@Optonline.net

KJLane
04-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Both the Cape and the Islands will be loaded in June. Take your pick!

JohnR
04-06-2005, 01:10 PM
C.A. - hope all is well :wavey:

Bassn - late June is usually a pretty good time everywhere from RI thru the Cape. Surf fishing is in it's second best time of the year....

missing link
04-06-2005, 01:42 PM
lets just say '' us '' boat guys LOVE the islands in june

Raven
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
spoke volumes...............................:read:

Mr. Sandman
04-06-2005, 04:49 PM
OK, I had a couple cocktails and you're getting me pumped now...June is my favorite month. For the last several years late spring (ie JUNE) has been BETTER then OCT from the surf...no question, ask anyone who really fishes out here. My largest surf fish last year actually came in JULY. The beautiful thing is....there are few guys hitting the beach in June. They all wait till late Sept or early Oct to really hit the beaches. I have fished night after night all alone with lots decent fish each night. June has been the real sweet spot lately. There is generally one week in the month where the fishing is outright excpetional (read: almost every cast on the right tides) then it tapers off but it is still pretty solid. (several nice fish/night) It is tought to call exactly which week but if I had had to guess...I think the first half of the month. When I say nice...I am talkin 20#+.

These fish are different from the fish of the 80's where late OCT and NOV were the months. Now it is June. I can't wait. I actully don't use my boat much in June because the surf fishing is so great. :hee:

Sept and Oct are good but we don't have the giant schools of big bait (bunker ro giant sand eels) that held them in tight in the fall anymore. In june, the herring and squid are splitting fast. I have see bluefish blitzes lasting all night on squid in early june.

Look back in the reports section a couple years ago...there was a June night were I posted something like "it busted wide open"...I didn't spell the details but the number of fish were huge, one of my best surf nights.

Besides, June is really pleasant fishing too. Warm, days, cool nights, light beathable waders and a T/sweat-shirt. No need for that Hurricane jacket. Also, it is a time for plugs! Leave the eels at home.....Bottom line........June is friggin excellent on the cape and islands!

The worst part...They close the beach because 2 plovers still have not been eaten by the skunks yet.