View Full Version : Getting My Air Brush Ready To Roll.....

BigFish
04-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I got an air brush for Christmas (badger 360) and Raider Ron gave me an old craftsman compressor and now I need to go get all the necessary extras I may need to get the ball rolling. :) I am told I need to get a water seperator, a regulator, some rubber hose of course and a few fittings and odds and ends.....any recommendations or input that might help would be greatly appreciated as I am headed out shopping tomorrow. :uhuh: Any food for thought before I begin? :huh:

fishaholic18
04-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Larry, Home Depot will have everything you need, you may be able to find a reg/sep. in one unit. If not, you can just plumb the 2 together with pipe. It should all be 1/2" pipe thread. Make sure you drain any water from the air tank from time to time, will rust the tank out if ya don't. There should be some kind of drain petcock on the bottom of the tank. I made a Tee out of 1/2" pipe so I can plug in 2 things at once. Good luck...

fishaholic18
04-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh, and also get teflon tape for the threads, but you probably knew that.
I hate forgetting to get something that I need to do the job...

castn4bass
04-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Larry, that mac paint get ya excited!!

justplugit
04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Larry,check to see if your compressor already has a water seperator. Sometimes ther'e built in. Even if you have one ,an additional in line filter won't hurt. I've found if you open the petcock on the bottom of the tank and let the copressor run 30 sec before closing and painting, then when your finished painting open it again to let all the air out thru the petcock, water and codensation is less of a problem.Have fun.:D