View Full Version : holey moley!!!!

Nebe
04-11-2005, 09:59 PM
since i had my son 8 months ago i had a feeling my fishing was doomed. however, i just realized tonight that he goes to bed at 7:00 pm and Mrs Eben goes to bed around 9:30. therefore, i can go every stinkin night if I want to :humpty:

man oh man :ss:

Clammer
04-11-2005, 10:11 PM
PISSSSSSSSSSSS they catching bass on chunks :faga:

Raven
04-11-2005, 10:12 PM
has to put fish on the table......might as well be you Eben..... :btu:

Uncle Matt
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
Sure sneaking out is no problem. It's being awake and alert when the wifey-pooh or little one wants to do something that's going to hurt. It eventually will get old and you will follow the same beaten path all married fishermen follow. It can be a cruel ride.......

Tattoo
04-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Just wait for that long ride home at 6:00am from fishing all night long. Your've been up for 25.7 hours, you have a 40 minute ride home. Your chewing on coffee beans to try to stay awake. You have the heat on high and the window down, your listening to AM radio as loud as the radio and the volume is on 11. Anything to try to stay awake.

Finally the last turn and your in the driveway. You strip down right after entering the front door and make it to bed.

Ahhhhhh.......you close your eyes....

DADA, DADA, DADA

What the...oh its time to play Dinosaurs.....then go to the park, the to Grandma's house......etc etc etc.

It sucks at times, but it's worth it. I woudlnt trade it for the world.

Enjoy your sleep now....trust me.

The Dad Fisherman
04-12-2005, 07:34 AM
And Whatever you do......Don't Smile. Women can detect even the slightest glimpse of happiness in a man.

If she's dealing with the kid and is to tired to do anything else and you're cruising around the house whistling "I'm Walkin' on Sunshine" you're done... :D

Raven
04-12-2005, 07:52 AM
and Eben ...you can also use the REASON (not an excuse) that you have to get out by the water to gain perspective to think about your family's future...(ie; its where you do your best thinking) away from the distractions of home....

RIJIMMY
04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I agree with Tattoo, sometimes its rough. Now that I have 2 , its even rougher. I usually fish from 2-7am, get home around 8. I try to nap in the afternoon when the kids nap. If not Im usually a zombie.

tynan19
04-12-2005, 07:59 AM
You will get out more than you thought. My son will drag us out of bed saying" You play with me! You read my big truck book!" It is awesome hearing him talk but man I need some sleep sometimes.

rwilhelm
04-12-2005, 09:21 AM
It is tough to balance the needs of the family and finding the time to fish. Sometimes I try to crash for a couple hours when I get home but other times I have stuff to do and cannot.

The Iceman 6
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah What Tattoo said.......

fishaholic18
04-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Just wait for that long ride home at 6:00am from fishing all night long. Your've been up for 25.7 hours, you have a 40 minute ride home. Your chewing on coffee beans to try to stay awake. You have the heat on high and the window down, your listening to AM radio as loud as the radio and the volume is on 11. Anything to try to stay awake.

I've had many of those nights, and I'm ready for more to come. :happy:

The Dad Fisherman
04-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm lucky, My kids are 11 and 8 so They are pretty self-sufficient, that way I can get a couple of hours of naptime in.

Nebe
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
:soon: i cant wait. :D