View Full Version : Seaworms

mikecc
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Just got notice seaworms are going up another $5 a flat wholesale. :af:

Karl F
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
YIKES!!!!!!!

What ta do with my two fairly new rods I had made for worm and weight.......
I wouldn't mind so much, but I gott hunt to find worms that are decent sized... I used to have a connection that had some strange deal with Bud's Bait... used to split flats, or have him pick me up an extra flat, if I had the weekend off , when he was coming my way, worms about the size of black eels... they was juicy... I'd pay top buck for them, if I could find 'em.

Mike, have you heard anything about live eels, and what's gonna happen with them, this year?? I've heard rumors that the "save the eel" folks, are lobbying to have them not sold as bait.

BadBass
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
I talked to the guys from Seabait(farm raised seaworms) at the RISAA show and they are going into full fledged production mode now. Unfortunately that doesn't help much for this season as they won't be producing enough for mass sales this year but the guys assured me that next year they will be full bore. I know my buddy who owns a bait shop just got roughly that same price hike per flat and seabait says their prices will be competitive. The best part is there will be no shorts to pick through and they should all be nice and juicy. Science is all right!

mikecc
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
no changes in eels so far.

mikecc
04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
The problem with Sea Bait is they want me to drive 40 miles to pick them up. during the summer we cant do that.

Mr. Sandman
04-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Seabait does look promising...but they said "next year" last year as well!

As much as i liked the quality of the bait they had, I think demand will keep the prices high.

I saw a show on TV where they were showing the new GULP! sandworm, made from bio products, no plastic. Looked great right down to the pinchers! And they have smell to boot. I tried the power bait...OK but not thrilled, perhaps this is better.

Mike have you seen these? Are they worth a try?

BadBass
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I think that will change when they get into full production mode. If not they will have to employ someone as a distrubution point I would imagine. My buddy is dealing with them now I'll let you know any pertinent info. on delivery range that I hear about. :uhuh:

Crafty Angler
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I saw a show on TV where they were showing the new GULP! sandworm, made from bio products, no plastic. Looked great right down to the pinchers! And they have smell to boot. I tried the power bait...OK but not thrilled, perhaps this is better.

Hmmm, I wonder if tog would find them palatable...I'll have to bring this up with Professor O'Nitis...:smokin:

pete santini
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I had them last summer in my shop until mid august when they had to stop production This year i'll have them all summer try the seaworm juice it works awesome and it lasts a long time checkout www.seabait.com for the juice

Mr. Sandman
04-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I would like to try some of that worm juice. Can't seem to get it off the net :huh: Anyone carry it?

Here is a picture and description of the new GULP! worm. This looks simpler to obtain then real ones this season :( The one I saw had a nice feel and flex to it not like the plastic ones. Also, I am am trying to cut back on the amount of plastic I leave in the waters. Though I don't deny those storms really work.

The saltwater versions of Gulp! are water soluble and made from all natural ingredients. Since there is no plastic in the bait scents and flavors are released into the water 412 times faster than oil based plastic baits for a much broader zone of influence. Results – Gulp! outfishes live bait. And Gulp! saltwater baits are 100 percent biodegradable, totally dissolving in just nine months or less, depending on conditions.

Mr. Sandman
04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
oops forgot pic

blue oyster
04-14-2005, 03:47 PM
they look promising i might try an experiment with tubes one real ,one fake , worth a shot :think:

RIROCKHOUND
04-14-2005, 04:08 PM
In my boatfishing life, we found that in deep water (40+) on wire the tubes did fine with fake worms, in shallower water we found they didnt fish as well..

Raven
04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www.seabait.com/maine_llc.html
shows the juice....
you gonna carry that mikecc?
-Raven

tattoobob
04-14-2005, 05:11 PM
so if there is 12 doz. in a flat, that is 42 cents per doz.
how much do you think worm will be this year

beamie
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
so if there is 12 doz. in a flat, that is 42 cents per doz.
how much do you think worm will be this year

Bob,

I believe there is only 125 worms in a flat. not 12x12 as most people think. I was buying flats at about $32-33 a flat last time I bought that many. And I use the worm bedding and keep them in the fridge the ones I don't use. They stay a long time.