View Full Version : shrimp bender...

steelhead
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Promised myself that I'd fish more shrimp patterns this year. Especially in the salt ponds along the RI coast and up in the estuarties. These guys range from some big Alec Jackson 3/0 hooks down to a 7. There are three very small shrimp across the top tied on Diachi Salmon Egg hooks. I like the wide hook gap and they're very strong.... Also two small baby lobster attempts across the bottom. Toss them in the wash around the rocks and let the current do the work.... Hope they work!!!!

saltydog
04-13-2005, 07:39 AM
STEELHEAD, VERY NICE TYIN. you WILL do good w/them. I LIKE IT!!
keep'em commin,
GOOD LUCK LUCK GOOD TYIN

zacs
04-13-2005, 07:54 AM
:eyes:
Steelhead, you are the man!!!!!!

Will trade rhody salt pond trip on my boat for steelhead tailhooks for my plugs....???

steelhead
04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Hey Zacs!!! How yah doin!!!! I been so busy with work I still don't have the lathe set up. ARGH!!! I'll defiantely trade tail hooks for a boat trip :-)

Swimmer
04-16-2005, 11:14 AM
I echo Saltydog's comment, very nice. I have been working hard perfecting Popovics type shrimp this winter. I am looking forward to fishing them. We cold trade some. :think:

steelhead
04-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Sure thing. I'm out of town text week. Will work on some for oyu the following week. Send PM with address,etc...