View Full Version : House in Halifax, MA.

Got Stripers
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Since a few have suggested, this puppy is going in the market in the next month or so. If the right offer came along, we might both profit by not having a relator involved, but some of the highlights are as follows. It's on a 1-1/4 acre lot almost entirely privately fenced (mostly with lifetime transferable vinyl warranty), rear detached home office with underground power, 6 wire phone and high speed cable, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, large closets (additional cedar off master bedroom) upstairs dry suana off the main bath, full basement with relatively new oil furnace and tankless heater, attic is mostly floored, brand new septic 2 years back, circular paved drive, rear crushed bank drive to boat cover-it, rear deck, separate dog area all fenced in at about 30x120 feet, so kids and dogs are going to love this place, or your daughter for her wedding, within walking distance of Halifax Elementary for school or after snow storm sleding, no real close neighbors on either side so it's very private. A couple pictures below in thumbs or click links, some from the street, some looking at the rear office and one from the office looking at the rear of the house. Make me the right offer and I'll throw in the boat:).

www.ledgerunner.com/house1.jpg
www.ledgerunner.com/house4.jpg
www.ledgerunner.com/house5.jpg
www.ledgerunner.com/house2.jpg
www.ledgerunner.com/house7.jpg

BEETLE
04-13-2005, 09:29 PM
hey bob, bet you won't miss taking care of all that - will ya !!

good idea to downsize and allow more time and money for you to play !!

I'm soon dowsizing myself, kicking lots of tires here in Weymouth - found one with a river front water view that has possibilities. :kewl:

beautiful house, I bet you got a lot of "sweat equity" in it - good luck with the sale.

turbo-beetle

UserRemoved1
04-14-2005, 05:36 AM
wanna trade for some wood? :D

Uncle Matt
04-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Bob that's a beautiful house. That will not last long on the market. Wow is all I can say.

Surfcastinglife
04-15-2005, 08:27 AM
beautiful home, any idea what its gonna be on the market for?

Got Stripers
04-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Based on every 3 bedroom I see on the market in the low 3's minimum, I'm thinking $400,000 at a minimum. I am motivated to move it, so I plan on interview 3 realators to figure out what it's really worth and it will then be priced to move. I figure in 2-3 weeks I'll know and it will be on the market. I'm just making arrangements for a little painting, some landscaping and the usual.

Clammer
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I now have my Massachusetts license :wave: you can interview me :hidin:

fishaholic18
04-16-2005, 11:44 PM
I now have my Massachusetts license :wave: you can interview me :hidin:
Do me...... :laugha:
I want out. :rocketem:

capesams
04-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I was told to price a house you need to look in the nabahood for about the same house....they'll look up to a mile away...different area's comand different prices....take the exact house one being north of say rte. 28 will only get 200.00 while the same house south of 28 get's 350.00 :huh: even though the house north of 28 is mint, while the house south of 28 is a dump...location is the key I guess,,that sucks.....clamma wood like it here..had a friend who bought a house 450. thou. on tuesday,,before he passed papers he had it resold for 600.thou..on wed. not bad for a day's pay. :wall:

Clammer
04-17-2005, 11:37 AM
C/A your soooooooooo right // Location ,location , location ,then the house ...

when I work with buyers // I asked them for their wants,wishes & desires =======then I tell & show them reality /////

ya C/A I would like those prices /but I may make more here // How many agents on the Cape / steadly do 33 to 40 sales a year :wavey:

capesams
04-17-2005, 02:03 PM
they b like ants at a food in.....this one has it made...3 brother's...2 r builder's...1's a r.agt.....brother1 [r] goes to all the cocktail party's ,,gets inside info. on who goin ta sell soon...brother1 tell's brother 2 an 3 what's coming up,,land or house..they take turn's buyin...brother1 get's commish for selling..after the new house or old house gets rebuilt/built..brother1 lists it before it's done...sell's it get's comish #2 on the same place.....now brother 2 went an got hitched to another agent[new wife] her mama got big bucks,,buyin everything they can find....he's now doin like 4-5 houses at a time...they sell,,split profit's....what get's me is brother 2 can't even pick his nose right without someone standing there telling him how..he married $$$$...it's $&%^* sickning.

ps...most sales here r like from 600.00 to 3 mil.. fast turnover..people just buy to turn over 6- 12 months..stocks suck..so where else can u make that kind of $$ in short term...there not homes anymore just things to buy an sell.

Clammer
04-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Same here //but they have swiched to buying Multi/Famlies ///

mostly out of state money :uhoh:

capesams
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
what I want to know is where the h....are all these people coming up with all this $$ to buy 2-3 homes[things] wherever they go.

couple guy's that I'm helping remoldel the 3 mil. house on the water have 3 achca's of landlocked land,,just bought the house out front on the road to get a road put in to said other land. bank came out a week later and said house is now worth more than they paid the week before and they have already sold 2 lots on the 3 achca's,,all within 2 weeks...I'm in the wrong bis.