View Full Version : Any Well Drillers Here?

Backbeach Jake
04-17-2005, 04:21 PM
The old well has given me notice in Truro. Have a deep jet, wanna go submersible. This well is no deeper than 60 feet, pulled it this morning. Any clue as to how much this will cost me? (cringe).

Karl F
04-17-2005, 04:56 PM
no TW there either... Is PW Lee still the well king on that end of the cape?
4inch well submersible pump, 50 feet + or _ from house, and if you were at 60, they'll sink ya to 75... prolly 3-4K by the time yer done :( (just guessin')

All Cape Well drilling 508-896-8690, Sean's a good guy, (did mine), and I know he drills and maintains them, all over the cape

Raven
04-17-2005, 06:02 PM
that seems expensive for a pre existing well to drill 20 feet or adding two more ten foot rods... that must be one big submersible pump...

Backbeach Jake
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Raven, I've only a 2" well now. The submersable will have to be 4", A Whole new Hole. :hs: ( I appologize ) . About the only thing that I'll salvage from this fiasco will be the new tank. I suspect the old, rotted one is the cause of my well's demise. Based on what I saw this AM when I pulled the well, my screen is full of rust scale. That is taps for a well. If I'm going new, then I'm going good. Jet pumps have caused me more headaches than my kids over the years. :splat:

Raven
04-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Jet pumps have caused me more headaches than my kids over the years. :splat: that says it all...

->back in the mid 70's we were having a well dug...on the ranch out west...and i met the guy who did the location for the well digging outfit....he was then
90 years old and had located the wells for the major water bottling companies in southern cal. ..... he had two L-shaped dowsing rods which
looked like a couple of stainless steel car antennas...anyway with serious doubt i walked along side with him asking questions as to how they worked
.....and he told me they extended the body's natural ability to sense water.
the two rods pointed straight out in front of him and when he was standing
over the "sweet spot" they would cross each other forming an X . He then marked an X on the ground and would walk away and approach that same spot from a different direction and low and behold when arriving back to it...they'd cross again. I remained a skeptic especially when the drilling crew had drilled down to 680 feet and found no water.
That same night i had a dream.....(here's the clairvoyant stuff again)
i dreamed i was a kid again and was out there poking around with a stick
next to the well site...and had shoved my stick into the ground and up came a very tall geyser of water that started a river down the hill....and it was soooo vivid i can remember every detail even today.
anyways...the very next day the drilling crew arrives and i watched while they tried again and added just two more rods and the exact thing happened....water was blasting up into the sky 30 feet high.... like striking an oil well....and created a river just like in my dream that ran down hill
until they capped it off. We had an artesian well with 60 gallons per minute. my point is: dowsing for water most certainly WORKS!
take my word for it.

Raven
04-18-2005, 07:01 AM
i worked in a quarry in Georgia drilling with a million dollar tamrock drill rig drilling 4 inch holes 80 feet deep all day long
which were then filled with explosives and blasted into chunks for the rock crusher
to make gravel...so i do know a thing or two about drilling...:wavey:

ktugboat42
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I am but I drill 30'000' oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico !!

Backbeach Jake
04-19-2005, 06:21 AM
:bl: Ktugboat42, your first post! Welcome to the site, I think you'll like it here, bunch of real nice folks. I think your wells may be a little out of my price range, though! :eek5:

Diamond Tackle
04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
i used to lay some pipe when I was younger, does that count ? :rotf2:

ktugboat42
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanksa for the welcome BB. I've been coming to this site for a while and finally decided to join. Price shouldn't be a problem for a well, they lease the ship for only about $200,000 a day and it shouldn't take us to long to get you a decent depth well!