View Full Version : marthas derby

redcrbbr
12-02-2001, 11:12 AM
have a friend that i ran into the other evening. she has a little house out on marthas that would be available to rent for a week or 2 while the derby is going on. never been there but from what i gather it is quite the place, sleeps 9, and she was asking $1500 a week. if we could get a group together and figure out which week we would want to go.... well something to think about ..

Squid kids Dad
12-02-2001, 03:22 PM
Hey Red,
If I were you and you could get enough others to go..Go for it!!! I have been going over there for the derby for about 6 or 7 yrs now...It is great.....I stay with Fisherwoman and Baitcaster...They are there for 3 weeks...Always the high light of my year....If you dont know your way around the island there are plenty here that will help
By the way it was nice to meet you on the "cod trip"...lol
Mike

JohnR
12-03-2001, 08:42 AM
I'm looking into getting my wife & son and one other couple & child(s) (remaining nameless as I work on them :p ;) ) to go over for a week at the same time... It is an INCREDIBLE place & time to be there. HIGHLY recommended if you can do it... Also want to get a 'lil Cutty trip in the fall :D ...

Red - there is so much different ways to fish and fish to chase after and places to go, you could fish a different spot at a different place the entire time you're there....

redcrbbr
12-03-2001, 10:23 PM
i have been to the vineyard quite a few times, always fished it from a boat. i know it is way to early for anyone to make any kind of commitment, was just putting out a feeler to see if it might possibly happen. i'll probably bring this thread up again next year. fishing the derby is one of those things i always wanted to do, just never did.
John.. i will definately do cuttyhunk next year. think i'm gonna make it my new years resolution :)

Clammer
12-03-2001, 10:46 PM
cutty and block Yes !!!!!!!!

chris L
12-04-2001, 08:19 AM
IM GAME ! Im in for cutty and block and nantucket , the outer beaches , chatham , the ditch , newport , charlestown , weekapaug and quonny, napatree , the light . As long as my job doesnt get in the way .

oh and just about anywhere from Li to p-town

HESH2
12-04-2001, 08:32 AM
CHRIS SAID IT RIGHT ANYWHERE FROM CT. TO CAPE AND ISLANDS.COUNT ME IN

The Iceman 6
12-04-2001, 04:20 PM
I'm in, just need to know when?