View Full Version : cod fish close to shore

pete santini
04-21-2005, 06:26 AM
cod moved into presidents roads a couple of days ago 'No need to go to far out fish will be in here for a while as they slam the alewives coming into the harbor This is a great small boat fishery as the winthrop public ramp is less than a mile from the fishing grounds On another note jim megunson caught a 34 in bass 2 nights ago off the shore at deer island pete

thefishingfreak
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM
YES!! :jump:

reelecstasy
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I guess sometimes I would like to have a boat :rollem:

Finlander
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks Pete, hope to be up there next week at this time weather permitting. This will be my first time for cod with my boat, looking forward catching a few brown bombers from a private boat over a head boat. :thanks:

Iwannakeeper
04-22-2005, 11:05 AM
I guess sometimes I would like to have a boat :rollem:

Chris, you aren't alone. Hopefully this year I will be buying a boat. Probably not until fall - looking to sell my current house and looking for a new one.

After I am settled, I am going to be looking hard for the right craft.

-IWK

Gotofish
04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
You don't need much for these cod. I took my 14' up there a bunch late last fall and did OK with that. The Winthrop ramp is real close or you can launch from Weymouth to avoid downtown traffic and make the run across the harbor.

Finlander
04-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the infor, again hope to get up Fri. or Sat. I have a 23' Hydra-Sport thinks we will start around the "B" buoy, I'm hear both cod and some haddock here, also "BF" has cod around again I'm hearing. Just hoping the weather is good, will post and let every one know how it when.

Chris