View Full Version : Oversize plugs

Pete F.
04-24-2005, 06:26 AM
I have a few plugs that don't fit in a 2x2x8 hole. I am thinking about making a bag with some pvc rain leader for tubes. I think it is 2x3. Prototype might have duct tape accents. :rollem:
I think it will just have 2 slots.
What do other people do to hold big needles, Pikies and Cowboys etc.

Mike P
04-24-2005, 10:41 AM
What do other people do to hold big needles, Pikies and Cowboys etc.

I use the biggest Canyon bag--the one with 3 rows of different size inserts that costs about $90.

The top row of inserts can each hold three 3-1/2 oz Habs needles, two Cowboys, 4 Gibbs or Superstrike darters, two or three Gibbs 3-1/2 oz pencil poppers. The inserts have to be at least 9 or 10 inches deep.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-24-2005, 11:10 AM
My ex made me a good bag last year, it took her a couple hours. If you or a lady you know has any sewing skills you could have one, and they dont cost an arm and a leg like aquaskins. 2" pvc pipe cut to whatever length your largest plug is. We were going to make a bunch and try to sell em but it was during fishin season so it didnt work out so well. Makes me wonder why she is an ex... :smash:

jkswimmer
04-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I have used empty caulking tubes for inserts they work great and are light weight.

Tburg
04-24-2005, 05:49 PM
I have been looking for replacement tube holders for one of my surf bags . I searched high and low and could not find something big and light enough to work. PVC is a little to heavy, but I found a supplier of plastic mailing tubes. www.visipak.com ..unfortunatly I do not need a cas of them.....not sure if it would be an item one of the sponsers would want to check into.......

t.orlando
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
You can also just cut the top of an appropriate sized water bottle and insert in bag

bassbudda
04-24-2005, 06:07 PM
A lot of our guys head to modern plastics in Bridgeport CT.

A couple of different sizes - bottom caps too. not a killer in price- mucho lighter than pvc x 10
:wavey:

gw

ProfessorM
04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
You can use the tubing used for central Vac systems. Thin and light. P.M.

theSURF121
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
How about an old Coastal bag...

theSURF121
04-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Here's a view with the bag shut...
Be prepared to destroy your back... :sick:

piemma
04-25-2005, 08:28 AM
My ex made me a good bag last year, it took her a couple hours. If you or a lady you know has any sewing skills you could have one, and they dont cost an arm and a leg like aquaskins. 2" pvc pipe cut to whatever length your largest plug is. We were going to make a bunch and try to sell em but it was during fishin season so it didnt work out so well. Makes me wonder why she is an ex... :smash:
Make's me wonder also.....

Pete F.
04-25-2005, 08:40 AM
I have a 5 slot bag with 2x2 slots that is on a shoulder strap and a demo bag on a belt that has 8 2" vac tubes in it. Those hold pretty much anything except monster needles and fat plugs. I don't need more room just a little bit of bigger room. I looked at the canyon bags and they are too big to hang loaded from a strap, it's not my back they kill it's my neck. I'm thinking that I can make a one or two tube thing to hang off my belt that will hold a couple of monster plugs.
Thanks for the pics of the coastal I've wanted to see one.