View Full Version : More fast food barf-o-rama

fishweewee
04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I tell ya, I think I'm gonna start packing my own lunches from now on. :yak:

Skin Found on Arby's Sandwich, Man Says

Monday, April 25, 2005

DAYTON, Ohio — A man is suing a fast-food restaurant operator for more than $50,000, claiming he found a slice of skin on his chicken sandwich.

David Scheiding filed the lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on April 1 after rejecting a settlement offer from GZK Inc. (search), his lawyer said. GZK owns the Arby's (search) restaurant in Tipp City where he bought the sandwich.

Scheiding said he realized something wasn't right when he bit into the sandwich on June 18 and found a piece of flesh about three-fourths of an inch long.

"It looked like I was seeing fingerprints on it," he said. "I got sick and went to the bathroom."

Miami County (search) health investigators talked to the restaurant manager, who had a bandage on his right thumb and wore a latex glove, according to a health district report. The manager said he sliced skin from the thumb while shredding lettuce, and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the bin of lettuce, the report said. Scheiding's sandwich contained lettuce.

"Why wasn't the food searched, and why wasn't it thrown away?" said Scheiding's lawyer, Hank Hyde.

Christine Koeller, vice president of marketing and communications with GZK, said what happened was unintentional.

"[The manager] did destroy product that was in and around the slicer immediately, and did everything that he thought was appropriate to do," Koeller said.

Karl F
04-25-2005, 08:50 PM
FWW, a marine bioligist told me something this winter, that has made me decide to never eat cod fish again. Every work food prep, or in a deli, or see behind the scenes in such places..... I doubt if 85% of the stuff we consume, we'd eat, if we saw the whole "process" behind it.

Peter Lajoie
04-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I worked at a wholesale grocer as a selector, my job was to drive around a pallet jack and pick orders for major food stores....I will never eat grapes again.... :yak: you wouldnt beleive some of the stuff, the weirdos would do to get a laugh....

Raven
04-25-2005, 09:20 PM
in a fast food restaurant..........and had to remove
ceiling tiles to acomplish my mission.....
i spoke to the manager and indicated that
i was concerned about drilling around open
food bins directly below..... where i had to work
even though i took every precaution i KNOW
some dust and shavings went into the food
but they weren't really all that concerned.....
i was horified at their cavalier attitude

Jenn
04-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Wee wee.....just about everything you eat has been subject to some sort of nasty......from packing to shipping to restaurants....the grocery store...uh you name it!!!!!
I have a hard time eating fish unless I caught it and there is a certain type of milk I will never buy again in my life.......fact is we are better off not knowing or we would never eat again!!!!

Slingah
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
my brother won't eat hot dogs :laugha:
L&A

Raven
04-27-2005, 04:48 AM
during the course of a person's lifetime.... it is said that they will ingest a whole bushel of dirt...a speck here and a speck there....so i always laugh....well sometimes to myself...when someone is scrubbing something so utterly afraid of "heaven forbid" a tiny amount of soil residue....as if it were radioactive waste material lol :D

PaulS
04-27-2005, 07:16 AM
We're all better off not knowing anything about the food we eat.

fishweewee
04-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Jenn, I think I'm gonna barf. Thanks for that confidence boost. :bl: :yak5: :wave:

Jenn
04-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Jenn, I think I'm gonna barf. Thanks for that confidence boost. :bl: :yak5: :wave:

sweet... I couldnt wait to pay you back for the "bed bugs" thread!!!! I was so paraniod I had to do a little research to make sure I didnt have them. Luckily I found no signsof them whatsoever. But just the thought of them made it hard to fall asleep!!!!!!

Jenn
04-27-2005, 05:52 PM
P.S. I have to go check my ears for maggots now thank you very much ya jerk...... :yak6: :yak6: :yak6: :yak6:

fishweewee
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
We live in a dangerous world, don't we? :bshake:

Notaro
04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
my brother won't eat hot dogs :laugha:
L&A

Your brother is a smart man, Slingah. Hotdogs contain nitrate. If you go to a supermarket and buy a ham, a deli product, or any canned meat, they all have nitrate which is poisonous to our stomachs. Nitrate is used for keeping food from spoiling quickly and appearance good. If you eat a lot of nitrate-contained products, your stomach wont digest well in the future. My teacher told me that it could corrode the lining of your stomach or damage the whole digestive system and you will rely on laxative. The second one sounds right.

I don't eat a lot of hotdogs now... I have to thank my teacher for that. :yak:

Jimbo
04-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Aside from the nasty stuff that shouldn't be in fast food, sometime check out the flick Super Size Me and see what the stuff that's supposed to be in it can do to you.

reelecstasy
04-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Another nasty thing about hot dogs, they are allowed* 3 rat hairs per pound.... :yak4: :eek:

The Dad Fisherman
04-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Another nasty thing about hot dogs, they are allowed* 3 rat hairs per pound.... :yak4: :eek:

Thats it....I'm Staying away from this thread.....

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing better in this world than a Chili Dog w/ Cheddar and raw Bermuda onion, Served w/ an Ice Cold, fresh from the cooler, Beer........and I'm not going to let you guys ruin that for me.... :doh:

fishweewee
04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
I stopped drinking beer.

Too many carbs, and when you get right down to it, beer is just one big nasty yeast infection. :buds:

outfished
04-28-2005, 01:13 PM
As Ted Nuggent would say: "Kill it and Grill it"! I personnal don't let things like that bother me. All those little critters are part of our DNA in some shape or form, or will end up being part of our DNA after we eat it. :drool: Hmmmm, hotdogs good, especially the ones with the eyeball parts!!!!!

Jimbo
04-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I can easily overlook what nasty extras might have slipped into my hot dawg by just thinking that it's probably not half as bad as what ends up in Scrapple.

The Dad Fisherman
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I stopped drinking beer.

Too many carbs, and when you get right down to it, beer is just one big nasty yeast infection. :buds:

Whatever for....its the perfect Health food

"The Fat-Free, Whole-Grain Goodness....of Beer" :drool:

Notaro
04-28-2005, 10:40 PM
im not a big fan of beer, but i like cocktails, fruit beers, and wines. PLUM WINE is the best.

Jenn
04-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Wee wee.....the yeasts should be dead by the time you drink it. And its not an "infection" , its simply yeast converting sugar into alcohol. And the "lees" (deadyeast) are not included in your beer or bottle of wine! Its been around for many years and very natural. So drink up!!!

Swimmer
04-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Several years ago my wife started buying some organic food after her bout with breast cancer, which she has survived for 8 years now. Now everything she eats is organic and most of what I eat is organic. Yes its more expensive, but peace of mind is priceless. It's not that we wont end up eating a bug or two and maybe a hair from some creature (cooking to a high temp takes car of that), but you wont find any man-made crap in anything we buy at the Whole Foods Market. That includes a cut piece of meat or the hot dogs. Most of what we purchase has to be frozen quickly if not eaten, because it spoils quicker because( as Notaro noted) there are no nitrates in anything. Once you get used to paying the price difference for the organic food it becomes commonplace. Besides its not much different than running for takeout three or four nights a week like most families do now. I appologize for the shameless plug for where Bev and I buy our food.

The Dad Fisherman
05-02-2005, 08:41 AM
And the "lees" (deadyeast) are not included in your beer or bottle of wine! Its been around for many years and very natural. So drink up!!!

Get yourself a Nice Hefeweizen or Belgian White (Nice Unfiltered Beers) and drink that sediment at the bottom...its chock full of B-12 and is actually good for aiding in hang-over Recovery.

fishweewee
05-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Wee wee.....the yeasts should be dead by the time you drink it. And its not an "infection" , its simply yeast converting sugar into alcohol. And the "lees" (deadyeast) are not included in your beer or bottle of wine! Its been around for many years and very natural. So drink up!!!

Jenn, beer = too many carbs. I'm trying to get down below my sumo-wrestler weight. :buds: :hee:

outfished
05-02-2005, 10:08 AM
It's not that we wont end up eating a bug or two and maybe a hair from some creature (cooking to a high temp takes car of that), but you wont find any man-made crap in anything we buy at the Whole Foods Market.

I agree with the Whole Foods Market (sorry about burning that spot) theory. My GF and I shop there 75% of the time and we're adjusting to the added cost. This year we're planting 3000sq.ft of organic garden and plan on freezing and preserving as much as we can. I'll tell you whats much more concerning than bug parts and rat hairs etc. Genetically engineered food. It's something we both have been following and it darn right scares the #^&#^&#^&#^&ens out of us and it's already taken a strong foothold on our little planet. For those out there who have never heard of this, google it and get ready for a rude awakening, we should all be very scared! :hidin:
http://www.safe-food.org/

Jenn
05-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Get yourself a Nice Hefeweizen or Belgian White (Nice Unfiltered Beers) and drink that sediment at the bottom...its chock full of B-12 and is actually good for aiding in hang-over Recovery.

ooh no thanks,,,,,,While I am not really afraid of them I think it leaves "off flavors" over time, I dont filter my wine but I do make sure it has cleared long enough!!!!

The Dad Fisherman
05-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Key phrase there is "Over Time"......I generally like to let the beer "mellow" for about a week and then drink it, usually gone in 4-6 weeks. unlike wine where you do want it to sit around and age for a much longer period of time. Beer should be nice and fresh when you drink it. But I can tell you know that already.

I made a batch of mead awhile back and let it sit for 2 years, the stuff was spectacular tasting and would put you on your A$$

I also don't make it a habit of drinking the sediment at the bottom but It is good for you.

vineyardblues
05-03-2005, 07:36 AM
« HOME | News
Email This Story Print This Story

Customer Finds Finger In Frozen Custard
Customer Thought It Was Candy

UPDATED: 6:52 am EDT May 3, 2005

WILMINGTON, N.C. -- The owner of a North Carolina store is explaining how a piece of a severed finger wound up in customer's chocolate custard.

The customer, Clarence Flowers, says he put the object in his mouth thinking it was candy and ate the custard that was on it.

He told a local television station that he didn't realize it was part of a finger until he rinsed it in water.

The owner says the employee who lost the finger had been working with the machine that dispenses custard when he was injured. Several employees are said to have helped the injured worker. But a drive-thru window worker unaware of the accident scooped a pint of custard from the bucket the injured worker had been handling.

The shop has been closed while sanitation operations are completed.

Raven
05-03-2005, 04:27 PM
brewers yeast is a by -product from making beer and one of the healthy things you can eat....i've read a great deal about it....

i've used it for years....in many forms ...tablets ,powder and flake style...
it's a wicked good hangover remedy which is what alcohol leaches out of your body to metabolize it... so you have a little yeast the day after when your feeling a little wiped out '''i'll never drink again...." and presto you bounce back...

one thing that its great for is your skin....i found out about it in 1975...the hard WAY
...like i seem to have to learn most things...by getting into poison OAK in just shorts out in california,,,, not realizing what the heck it was because it was RED AND SO I THOUGHT it was OK.... A huge mistake on my part...
it went ballistic on me from head to toe....and that crap wanted to kill me....it nearly did...UNTIL
i read about brewers yeast and bought some realizing i was fighting a loosing battle....and the very next day...i saw astounding results of the
blisters and infection stopped in its tracks and going AWAY.:happy: