View Full Version : A new season and your new stash

Slipknot
04-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Ok a new season is upon us finally(or soon for some of us) and we have all these new shiny plugs to cast. What do you expect from your latest and greatest plug you have recieved, made or bought over the winter?

I made lots of small needles to imitate sandeels, some I put a small blade on the tail with a ball bearing swivel, the rest got a single bucktail siwash. They won't cast far but I know they will work, I have larger needles too, all different weight configurations too so I can cover the whole water column.
Got a few new danny plugs too, I hope to use these for sunrise/sunset and in a couple more weeks to imitate herring since live are such a pain in the arse.
I have some howdys too, these will be killer from a boat whether it's on my own little 11 footer or from my buddy's 37' Egg. Bernzy really opened some eyes with that style plug :btu:
I have a Habatat mureel that is going to see the surf this year and I made a couple myself that might just work also. These swim near the surface and should be killer on the beach or out on the islands.
I have a new stash of bottle plugs also and Mr.Pogies' will be at the top of that list eager to catch fish.
Naturally I tied up many 4-5 oz jigs for the canal and I plan to do some damage with those as well.
If I had any time I would finish the half done plugs, which I have many of, and have even more stuff to choose from.

So what do you guys have? :bl:

I can't even list all the new stuff I got :hf1: wouldn't know where to start.

Bronko
04-26-2005, 09:08 AM
I have some MAC dannies I got this winter. I took them for a test swim this past weekend and they swam so well I was floored. (great work MAC :wave: ). I have a bunch of Bernzy surf howdys in all sorts of colors I can't wait to toss. Some incredible looking MAC needles in some killer colors, some Habs and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& needles and a nice stash of beachmaster needles. Throw all those together with a bunch of gibbs poppers, rebels. bombers, assorted tins and GS rubber....I am ready. :bl:

reelecstasy
04-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Well, let's see. I had a good winter aquiring plugs from several different builders from the site. As well as banged out a few of my own creations and imatations.
First one I think is gonna catch for me was the one i got off of slipknot, that little tigermaple needle, it looks sooo fishy...Hopin to beat it up good and hard, thats what it is for...
I have a shweet canalman popper dieing to get out there, and it casts so nice..I have a nice collection of needles from various guys. Each has there own place depending on the place and time. I got a handful of Macs danny's that I know are gonna catch too..I have a few bigfish goodies that I know are gonna catch as well. So many choices this year, thanx guys..
Lots a new rubbah and eel skin rigs to try out as well. Can't wait to hook up on one of my own though, that will be a great feeling...I also have a few I can't see casting until I get another, it would be a shame to lose em without a backup..Funny thing is I am usually slingin eels, maybe this year will be a little different.. I also have about 50 new teasers I tied up that I plan on using alot this year. I had really good luck with them at the end of last season, so why change what works...... Tight lines

justplugit
04-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Geez,where do i start? I have Tagger's dannies,surfsters, pikies and balarinas,Jigman's surfsters,pikies dannies and jigs,Karl's cowboys, Big Fish's needles,Backbeach Jakes's needles and dannies,Mac's surfster,Bassmaster's danny,Professor Morarty jigs,Cape Sams danny.Then there's the Bernzy howdies, Habs needles,Tatoo darters,Saltys danny.
What can i say, but i got the best from the best:btu:Those guy's will be continue to hang,:hihi:, my own i'll sacrafice to the surf.:D

Karl F
04-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Going to fish the old faithfulls, fish more eels ;).... some of my needles, and some of BM needles and Slip needles, a BBJ widget danny is going swimming, and so are some of mine... and Slip, I've got this JPI surfster, that I know is gonna kill. JPI, your surfster is the best swimming one I've seen yet!... Oh, JPI, fish them plugs, don't hang 'em, I'm sure you'll get more :hihi: a Tagger darter, that swims awesome.... MAC gave me a Pike that I don't think will get wet, but I know fish will love it, so it might have to.... and I got a hinged BF to give a go. I have a NIB needle that looks sexy when wet, I think that will do some damage later in the year......

redneck24
04-26-2005, 12:28 PM
MAC dannys :drool: i believe mac's pike will clean house in the ditch :heybaby: i have an afterhours arsenal waiting to be unleashed :rocketem: crapload of needles from mac, slip, habs, karl f., bm, and just got one from reelecstasy, all killer :) 2 howdys one capesams and one big fish i think will do some damage :cool: and i think i have some of my stuff that will fair well also. :humpty: so many plugs, so little time :peessed:

libassboy
04-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Got some sweet plugs from my bro Hislander, his 2oz dannys are awesome!! some other cool plugs from him also, his little "skull" swimmer is nuts.
Also got some sidekicks from gary, I cant say enuf about his plugs just looking at them u really see how much work and talent goes into them, the porgy color one i got from him will slay around here.
also got some new tatoo swimmers and sea spooks cause the spooks did so well for me last year. Also had to get my greedy mits on some eel punt swimmers and they have some beautiful action.
It was a productive winter!
Now i cant wait to throw em

The Dad Fisherman
04-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I've got my stash almost done, right now I have a few needles, Howdy's, Danny's, and Spooks that I made. I have a couple of BF poppers, one of which is a "Cutty Popper". I have a Steelhead Danny that is going to get a lot of abuse early in the season. A couple of Afterhours Spooks that have a certain area written all over them. A Mac Pikie and Needle, BM Needle, A few Habs needles that are going to be thrown unmercifully into the surf at PI as well as some Mambos and Bombers and I also picked up a couple of Tins to try this year.

I do want to spin up another 1/2 dozen or so Dannies in certain colors too, before the season gets underway.

missing link
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm going SPOOK crazy this season,,,, big ones small ones i love all types of spooks..... after hours...tattoo...MAC...Slip...PNG...Bigfish..Karl F
all make SWEET spooks.. also for the inshore spots on the boat small dannys :hihi: And some LARGE dannys for the islands this year :hidin:

Later
THE LINKS

bassmaster
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~dstratrap/wsb/media/49186/site1023.JPG

Karl F
04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey!!!! Slip....
what u doing in my back yard???, oh, that was like 2 years ago.....

U spot burner BM :hihi:

MAC
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Here are a few I plan to fish hard this year. I turned a couple of the needles and only painted the rest. I only painted the bottles too. (Turned by a friend) dartahs made by Tagger (turned and finished) and they work pissa.

NIB
04-28-2005, 06:15 AM
Slip with one of his 30#ah's he's a big guy.i got some new stuff to try out but i tie a few bucktails every day.I gave a big blue pikie a swim on the slack the other day with no takers .......Yet
Mac i want that pearl pink bottle.thats sweet.U know my addy.

afterhours
04-28-2005, 06:41 AM
got some rednecks', links', bigfishs', backbeach jakes', h'islanders', fat mikes', and a secret weapon or two.

Karl F
04-30-2005, 07:19 AM
:hihi:

justplugit
04-30-2005, 08:36 AM
:hihi: :laughs: :rotfl: :wave:

Backbeach Jake
04-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Karl, that is absolutely the BEST spot burn avatar! :kewl:

NIB
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
tHAT IS FUNNY.

Hey what happened to my avatar i like the other one better.looks more like me.

Jigman
04-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Been having some success on a jointed swimmer already. Runs shallow. Also knocked the skunk off a hand carved and a surface swimmer this past week. Have a set of wood bomber type plugs in the works that I hope to put into action soon. Might have a jig or two laying around that will get some use too :hihi:

Jigman

Slipknot
05-01-2005, 08:29 AM
tHAT IS FUNNY.

Hey what happened to my avatar i like the other one better.looks more like me.

:huh: you don't like the newest one? :( that's your nicest plug you've made remember :)

I thought you might have been sick of that ugly disturbing one.
if you want, I guess I can change it back if I can find it again.

NIB
05-01-2005, 10:46 AM
:huh: you don't like the newest one? :( that's your nicest plug you've made remember :)

I thought you might have been sick of that ugly disturbing one.
if you want, I guess I can change it back if I can find it again.

Its nice but the disturbing image in the other avatar is more my style.

MAC
05-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Its nice but the disturbing image in the other avatar is more my style.
Was that picture taken when ya had more hair? :hee:

NIB
05-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Hee

Slipknot
05-01-2005, 10:12 PM
:D

look now nib :hihi: :hidin:

MAC
05-02-2005, 03:40 AM
:bl2: :bl2:

Karl F