View Full Version : Can you hear me now?

fishweewee
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
:call: :yak6: :yak6: :yak6:

50 maggots removed from ear

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 Posted: 0634 GMT (1434 HKT)

BANGKOK, Thailand (Reuters) -- Doctors found around 50 maggots in the ears of an 84-year-old Thai man after he went to hospital complaining of an itch.

Wednesday's Nation newspaper said Anan Temtan, who lives in the tsunami-hit southern resort island of Phuket, had used cotton buds to relieve the itching, but had scratched so hard his eardrums ruptured and started bleeding.

"We believe flies might have gone inside his ears to lay eggs, which hatched into larvae and caused the itching," said Somsak Nonthasri, the doctor who treated him.

Somsak, who used tweezers and a small suction device to remove the maggots, said Anan would be kept in for observation for a while to make sure no more eggs hatched.

outfished
04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I've been considering starting a maggot farm for medical reasons (to treat infection), where I could sell them to hospitals. I wasn't sure where I'd grow and store these bugs. Hey buddy, can you lend me an ear? :bl: I'd be willing to pay hosts good $$$ for the rental of their ear canal. Any takers want to earn a few bucks?

Iwannakeeper
04-27-2005, 01:07 PM
whats the pay?

What an absoulety awful story. Sounds almost like an urban legend. Anyone here the one about someone who transplanted a wild cactus. It looked like the skin was moving and then it ruptured sending thousands of deadly spiders all over the house/apartment?

-IWK

Uncle Matt
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
About 2 weeks ago there was a story on MSNBC that I listened to. An oriental woman was hiking and washed her face in a stream. Sometime later back home she went to the doctor because of nose bleeds. First doctor gave her medication or something. While talking to the seond one, the doctor noticed something looking out the womans nostril. Turns out it was a leach that had been in the stream water and got in the nostil when the woman washed her face. The leach attached itself to the womans membrane inside the nose and caused the nose bleeds. The damn thing grew to be two inches long! It was removed and the area cautirized. Gross huh? :yak6:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, I only overheard the story in the background while at work. But that's the jist of it.

outfished
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I was thinking of growing leech's for medical......... :jump1:

chris L
04-27-2005, 01:50 PM
kind of reminds me of a star trek movie . cockaroaches are good for medical purposes too .

chief10
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
50 maggots in 2 ears!! what's the wingspan on those puppies! :D

fishweewee
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Huh? Speak up! I can't hear you, I got 50 maggots stuck in my ears.

cheferson
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Anyone see that thread on SOL , where the guy had the bot fly in his leg :yak6:

outfished
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone ever see or hear about Guinea Worm Disease. That is about the most disgusting and vulgar bug I've ever known.

http://www.astdhpphe.org/infect/guinea.html
:yak6:

fishweewee
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Chef,

Here ya go.

Be prepared to hurl.

http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/31034.html

reelecstasy
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Now Dat's nasty........... :yak6: