View Full Version : Like I Need One More Reason Not To Go To McDonalds!!!

BigFish
05-02-2005, 11:45 AM
:doh: They are going to start letting people charge food at McDonalds!!! :tm: Like it does not take long enough to get food here now I need to wait cause the freak in front of me wants to charge a friggin Happy Meal for $3.50!!!! :exp: Sorry...this card is maxed out sir.....do you have another I can try??? :smash: Man this world is rapidly spiraling down the toity!!!! I picked a bad time to stop drinking! :buds:

Mike P
05-02-2005, 12:29 PM
They've accepted debit cards at Mickey D's down here for a few years now. I can also pay with my E-Z Pass (automated toll thingy) on some Drive-Thru lines.

There's a Starbucks near my wife's job, that I used to stop at when we drove in to work instead of taking the choo-choo. You wouldn't believe the guys who'd use their AmEx Gold cards to charge a $2 cup of joe :rollem:

BigFish
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Its just plain stupid! :doh:

Slingah
05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I use my debit card 4 everything......

Roseneath
05-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I use my debit card for 90% of my purchases (even if I have enough cash in my wallet).

If you are proficient with the machine, its only slightly longer than paying with cash. Sometimes its faster, especially if the cashier has to open a new role of dimes.

Checks are the worst.

Mike P
05-03-2005, 01:21 PM
If you are proficient with the machine, its only slightly longer than paying with cash. Sometimes its faster, especially if the cashier has to open a new role of dimes.

Or if he or she can't make change from a $20 without taking his/her shoes off, which is becoming more common every day :rollem:

ThrowingTimber
05-03-2005, 01:28 PM
:hidin: Not carrying cash makes it much easier :hidin:

Surfcastinglife
05-03-2005, 09:44 PM
dont carry cash for anything anymore, except when i go to the movies in hanover with the gf........they dont accept charge wtf is that! its become more of an inconvenience NOT to accept charge then to accept it :P

MAC
05-07-2005, 01:38 AM
The government would love to see a cash less system. I remember when I was in school ( a long time ago) and they talked about eventually not using money. Personally I don't believe it will happen for a long time if it ever does. Too many people are afraid that the government will have too much control, being able to monitor your every move. " John bought 2 packs of cigarettes, a bottle of Scotch, some propane and some fertilizer" Fed guy " maybe we ought to check him out". Even though it could be all innocent. Cigs just because he likes to smoke. Scotch because he likes to have a drink now and then. Fertilizer for the garden and propane for the grill to cook some burgers after working on the garden...

Backbeach Jake
05-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Mac, not to mention that they can keep track of your income by keeping track of your spending. Geeze, this guy spent 20k that was in his account and only claimed 15k income. He's been doing that a couple of years now and doesn't show much for debt. Audit time! Cash is as much of the barter system as goods or traded labor. It's all taxable but without it (barter) our economy would collapse. Uncle Sam just wants to be the middle-man.