View Full Version : MAJOR grumpage

UserRemoved1
05-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I was walkin down the driveway from the mailbox...turned to look at something and my right foot rolled off the lip of the driveway... POP

serious pain....sweats and nausea...almost didn't get up.

Just got back from ER and Xrays show a large chip of bone sitting out in the soft tissue....I pulled a tendon completely off the bone and it took a piece of bone with it. That was the pop :eek:

Orthopedic doc next week....no work....prob can't drive....definitely no fishin :(

reelecstasy
05-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Wow that sucks......Want me to test swim your plugs for ya, how-dy :hee:

Bronko
05-04-2005, 01:19 PM
That sucks Salty. Ice...Ice...and more Ice. Take whatever they give you for pain, keep it elevated. You'll be back sooner than you think. Hang in there.

ThrowingTimber
05-04-2005, 01:27 PM
that sux man sorry

BigFish
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Surgery Scott? :exp: That sucks.....need anything, help...let me know! :doh:

Motor Fish
05-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Ahhhh, it hurts. I've been there. I hope, for your sake, you don't need surgery or a cast. Hang in there.

When I ruined my ankle I found soaking it in a 5 gallon bucket of ice and water helped the most. Good luck.

vineyardblues
05-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Scott your boat got gas in it?

OUCH,,,,

VB

Flaptail
05-04-2005, 02:05 PM
:hihi: I got a knee with a popped tendon but told the doc see you in November. It hurts like hell at night lying down and last week or so I have been up at night with the ache for hours at a time and sleeping in the lazy boy. Doc may be right might be sooner than later but I am holding out as it doesn't hurt that bad when I am up and about. Twisted one way while doing the lawn work several weeks ago and pop! out it went and wowsa I saw stars. Finished the lawn though as the queen knew I wanted to go fishing and she would have thought I was fooling or trying to get out of my chores early so I could sneak off later.

I got a new filet knife. It's a virgin and I could fix that for you right quick if you wanted! I watch alot of medical shows on tv. You know like Trauma, Paramedics etc., etc. I could give it a whirl, can't be that tough to fix, course I cannot give you anything for pain but you could bite on a needlefish! ( One of yours of course!)

Seriously Scott, that sucks, my knee is killing me and I can imagine what you must be feeling. Hang in there. :buds:

UserRemoved1
05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
THAT is the worst part....it's almost on the water Peter. I was hopin to get out maybe tomorrow and shake the cobwebs outta her.

Scott your boat got gas in it?

OUCH,,,,

VB

vineyardblues
05-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Started mine up yesterday, tis the season :)

Just so you know how it works, I got a cortazone shot 3 weeks ago for my sholder....hint...

Good luck Scott, get meds :)

VB

UserRemoved1
05-04-2005, 02:44 PM
so you trying to say if I can crawl to the ramp you gonna take me out fishin to forget the pain? :hihi:

Slingah
05-04-2005, 04:22 PM
that sux bugger.....get better

Karl F
05-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Salty... that sucks... hope the surgery is quick, painless, and gives you speedy recovery...

Hey Flap,
Think we can get a package deal from an ortho somewhere? I need to have some arthroscopic on the elbow, told them the same thing, see ya around Thanksgiving... seizes up once in a while, and hurts like hell, but.... I'll wince thru till the fall.... :hihi:

Backbeach Jake
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
I can't believe the crap luck both ya are having! Ain't that always the way Scott? Just walking along... Flap, that's why I don't mow more than twice a year. Wishing you guys both the best.

Fisherwoman
05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear that bugger, That really does suck, hang in there, hopefully it will heal fast and you can maybe get by withiut any surgical proceedures. Best of luck to ya, If you need anything let us know.

Jules & Billy

RIROCKHOUND
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Best of luck Scott; my old man has real bad ankles... I think it's genetic I roll mine all the time... so far so good on anything major... best of luck and listen to the docs to recover fast...
Bryan

Nebe
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
yikes! that sucks salty.... hang in there and you will be better in no time :D

Raven
05-04-2005, 05:46 PM
as someone who constantly has to watch for that ankle turning scenario
i can totally relate.... salty
sorry to hear about your pain...

R. I. C. E. rest ice circulation elevation

if the bonechip is needed to be re-attached

your in for a long haul... i'm sad to say...

UserRemoved1
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Doc wasn't sure in the ER if I'd need any surgery. He says when you pull a tendon off the bone it sometimes takes a piece of the bone with it.
I'm not a small guy and my kind of weight on the top side of your foot is not a good thing. It hurts like the #^&#^&#^&#^&ens but I'm gonna play it real cool the next few days and see if some time off of it will help.

Doc says if I can start to bend my toes and foot up within 3-4 days then it's a good sign.....if not I gotta hit the Ortho guy faster than in a week and a half.

I'm gonna ask for a sponge bath later...we'll see if I can swing it :D

Raven
05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
find one that has the hydrotherapy pool
not all of them have one...:doh:
you can reduce the amount of your "weight bearing" by half
when your trying to walk on it...
much better than doing it dry :hihi:
trust me.....

Clammer
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry to hear that Scott/ that sucks & so does the timing

tynan19
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Scott I feel for ya. Just make sure you follow the doctors orders and don't rush it.

Raven
05-05-2005, 04:10 PM
did you have a blonde moment...
or was there a moment of a blonde? :bl:

CAL
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Scott that sucks. Hopefully you won't need any surgery. But if the doc says you do, just do it now and get it over with. No sense in being in pain for the whole season.

UserRemoved1
05-05-2005, 07:19 PM
I know Chris, felt good this am when I got up...took 4 ibuprofen before I went to bed last nite...just alot of pressure from the swelling-was all good til 10 minutes after I got up and moved the wrong way. That set it up the rest of the day.

basswipe
05-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear it Salty.I really can feel for you as I've been down that road many,many times.More broken bones,torn ligaments and pulled tendons than I care to remember.

Take it easy on the ibuprofen.It really can mess your innards up.Heavy icing down can help alot with the swelling.

PS.I've been hittin fish on a 1.25 crazybugger I got from you last year.They loved it Wednesday night.

UserRemoved1
05-06-2005, 05:56 AM
BW thanks. Feels better today, woke up this am and all the blood had made it's way to the skin so now the whole ankle is red/black.

Glad you liked the CB swimmer. It's a great plug. Going to try some different stuff with that this year. For a small bait imitations it's the perfect size.

Raven
05-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Take it easy on the ibuprofen.It really can mess your innards up.Heavy icing down can help alot with the swelling.

i agree...it can give you bleeding ulcers so use it sparingly.

H'Islander
05-06-2005, 11:37 AM
That's gotta suck wood dood - But I'm here to help! Just send me one of each of your fine craft and I'll paste your face over mine with all the fish !!

Get well soon 'Bro!