View Full Version : looking for belly weights

dannyplug1
05-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Just tried to order belly weights from nj tackle no soap they dont have the twelve pack or the hundred. who out there knows where I could find some. also curious if anyone out in fish land knows where I can get a hold of a habbs needle in the one foot size(I have never seen one that big but habs has them on his web site) thanks chuck

fishaholic18
05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Try Mike..He has them.

http://www.capecodtackle.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=cct01&Category_Code=07_08_LURE+SUPPLIES_weights

ProfessorM
05-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Mike is going to start pouring belly weights as soon as he modify's a mold he has. He needs a piece of stock to make the thing work. :wavey: I do think he has some though. P.M.

steelhead
05-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Buckshot. O and OO guage workd pretty good.

Jigman
05-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Why not pour your own weights?

Jigman

capesams
05-10-2005, 05:19 AM
dunkin donuts has all kind's of belly weights..check them out the next time your near one of their stores.

Diamond Tackle
05-10-2005, 10:44 AM
dunkin donuts has all kind's of belly weights..check them out the next time your near one of their stores.

great, now Dunkin Donuts is getting into Plugbuilding too.
Now Im really screwwed. :whackin:

If you can pour your own, by all means DO IT(no pun intended).
also chk out the LEEPRECISION bullet molds, but those may be illegal with the wacky Mass Laws you guys have up there :rollem: . The bullet molds can be machined DOWN to any height you want & Any machine shop with a milling machine can do this in like 3 minutes or less, give the guy like $10 buck, then simply re thread the screw for the top shear plate and pour away.
or use buckshot. The round Ball molds are also great i you want to go larger, they come in MANY calibers up to like .58,which is enough belly weight for almost any plug.

hope this helps

ProfessorM
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I'll do it for you for $10.95 :bl: Paul

H'Islander
05-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Make your own molds and pour your own...
Take a piece of 4/4 (1") Maple stock 2" x 6".
Cut it in half so that you have two 2" x 3" pieces.
Clamp them together so that you have a 2x3 x 8/4 (2") block
using a drill press (or being very careful with a hand drill to drill straight down) Drill a hole exactly between the two pieces about 3"-4" deep using a drill bit to match the dia of the slug that you want so that when you unclamp the wood, you have 1/2 the hole in each half of the wooden mold.
Clamp them back together and pour your slug(s).

This can work for making tail weights too - I Do the same as above but I start with a 1/8" bit (to match my thru-hole dia) and then counter sink the hole to the desired slug dia. I then replace the 1/8" bit with a 1/8" metal rod and pour the lead in. Then just grab the 1/8" rod with the drill chuck and spin it out and then open the mold. - Perfect, concentric tail weights!