View Full Version : Marthas Vineyard next weekend

rickhern
05-08-2005, 09:23 PM
We have a few spots left for a trip to the vineyard next weekend May 14-17. We are going to fish, not party. The house we rented is non smoking. Cost will be $150 per person for three nights. PM if interested. Don't mean to be a jerk, but I must reiterate, this is a FISHING trip.

Thanks,

Rick

beachwalker
05-09-2005, 05:21 AM
will you bring cookies and milk ?

rickhern
05-09-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll take that to mean you are not interested beachwalker. Since I do not know many on the board, I feel it was important to describe the type of people who are going and the type we are looking to fish with.

beachwalker
05-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry Rick, I am just horsing around. It will be a great trip. That place is incredible....

I live on the other island so I don't think the Vineyard people will let me fish there. It is against the rules, I think.....

Have a great time !

Mr. Sandman
05-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I will be visiting family off island next weekend :doh:Would have liked to hooked up with you guys for a tide.

BW is correct, strict island law prohibits Nantucket folks from fishing in our waters...but he can come, visit, and spend a lot of money though and no one seems to mind. :hihi:

There are a few fish around, usual places. They claim a couple weakfish were caught but I have my doubts. (it was in the paper) Seems too early and we are too far north and stocks are way down. Some keeper bass, some blues, it is just starting. Hope the weather is better next weekend then in was this past weekend.

good luck

rickhern
05-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Beachwalker, a good friend named Marc Bruce is a pastor on your Island. I have been fishing the Vineyard for over 20yrs. never made it your way.

Mr. Sandman, sorry we will not be able to hook up but I will be giving those bass their first look at a Dmac Dannie - they won't even know what hit'em.