View Full Version : Step by step rubber making?

East Tide
12-12-2001, 11:13 PM
Guys I can't tell you how impressed I am with all the work that you are all doing, especially some of the wood. I would have given anything to have been able to attend Slips shop but a 18 hour drive is a little long!

I can't see having the dough to buy a lathe in the near future but am really interested in some of the rubber making, mainly how to make the molds to pour the rubber into. If someone like GS or MRPOGIE could take the time to explain and maybe post a couple pics I would really appreciate it. Also stuff like where to buy the rubber and whatever else a rubber maker would need :) Keep posting the pics of your work it is amazing to check out!!

Cheers,

East Tide

mrpogie
12-13-2001, 05:52 AM
East Tide, I'm just a newbie having only made a couple of molds and screwing the first one up. Got Stripers has a page on getting started making plastic baits which is where I got a lot of onfo from. Good Luck ...mrpogie

http://www.rgsiroisco.com/plastic.htm

JohnR
12-13-2001, 08:11 AM
Definitely check out his page, he has a ton of stuff on it and I know it works. My Neandertahlis vertical methods don't hold much of a candle to his high-tech horizontal jerk-bait presentation... Elsewhere, GS mentions how the other items like the rods he uses plus the line make such a big deal, more than one normally would. I think his method requires more "touch" with the baits to get high hookup ratios versus the common Jurassic methods but the presentation offers more opportunity for the hit....
Follow that link....

East Tide
12-13-2001, 03:30 PM
Saaaweeeeeet! Wow that answers questions I didn't even have. Great page Bob, you must have really put some time in on this stuff!

East Tide