View Full Version : Cuddy Mirror

Fish On
05-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Thought someone might have a suggestion.

I have a plastic mirror inside my cuddy at the bow end, just behind my anchor locker and it has a reading light mounted in the center of it. Last fall I removed the mirror as I was doing maintenance and found that water was seaping through the electrical connection to the light and had rotted the back of the mirror which is cardboard. I've sealed the wires to the light, but now I need to replace the mirror. I've looked everywhere for replacement mirror material that can be cut from the old mirror used a s a template to replace the rotted mirror. I've even called Hydra-Sports to no avail as well as tried West Marine. Has anyone ever seen this type material for sale? It is plastic with a cardboard backing and is about 3/16 of an inch thick.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

seabass
05-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Fish On, I would contact my dealer (eagle marine) They always manage to get the part,If that didn't work I'd contact genmar and raise a little hell !

Squid kids Dad
05-21-2005, 04:38 PM
You could also try an auto glass place like J.N.Phillips os Safelite..I know they have mirror glass and I believe they cut it to shape

Fish On
05-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I had another conversation with Hydra-sports. The guy I talked to this time gave me the number for Teak Isle and the part number for the interior kit which they manufactured for my boat. Unfortunately when I called them they said their records would not go back that far and they would not be able to find the part. At least I got farther than I did the first time.

Rather than ship my remaining mirror to Teak Isle I called a few local glass shops arriving, after a couple calls, with Settles Glass. The guy said he could do it and asked me to bring down my mirror. I did and should have a new mirror by next week.

Thanks again!

MTC
05-29-2005, 07:34 AM
If you buy the gllass I could get it waterjeted in Pembrook...

Fish On
05-30-2005, 06:32 PM
thanks for the offer but i've already got this guy started.