View Full Version : Another Gale this week?

Mr. Sandman
05-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Was PO I didn't go out today because of the forecast which never materialized. Just turned on the marine radio weather to see what day I could sneek out this week....they are talking seas to 20' with wind possibly exceeding 50mph....AGAIN! :af: What is this groundhog day?

macojoe
05-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I wanted to head your way and try to see if I could get some squid?? But I guess I will be buying $hit squid this year :af:

Swimmer
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
It incredible isn't it. Just like a broken record or as you reffer to Bill Murray waking up to, "I got you babe," every morning. Great movie though. The twenty footers, are they on the south end of middle ground or Squibby mostly. This time of year I have been in some really big stuff adjacent to Quick's when the tide starts running and the wind is up.

Mr. Sandman
05-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Those seas will be way offshore but still, the fact the noaa radio is talking about the possiblity and warning mariners is something to take note of. I hope it does not materialize like that. This winter will just not give up. What ticks me about the weather is if we get a big blow like that mid week for as long as they are saying, it will mess up the fishing thru next weekend. Didn't we just have a storm? The water just cleared!!! Jezzzz.

Squid are still here but the numbers slowed this week. My buddy went out the other night and only got a few doz in 3 hours. Nothing like that first wave into the harbors. No one is doing much on middle ground yet either...things are late. I normally have a few big ones by now. I went out last night (surf) and picked up a bunch of small bass...one was a "micro bass" about 10" long
TUE
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...
BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. S AND E OF NANTUCKET...SEAS
7 TO 10 FT...BUILDING TO 9 TO 13 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. RAIN. VSBY
1 TO 3 NM.

TUE NIGHT
E WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...DECREASING
TO 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT. S AND E OF
NANTUCKET...SEAS 11 TO 13 FT... SUBSIDING TO 9 TO 13 FT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Don't you love it when they say... "SUBSIDING TO 9 TO 13 FT " :yak:

dragnfly14
05-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Forcast for Maine is for a Noreaster Tuesday night - Wed. 11 ft moon tide with storm surge - Someone's going to get their feet wet.

I don't know about this weather. Pulled my boat out of the back yard a week and half ago to get it ready to fish and it has been raining on everyday I had time to work on it. Maybe I'll just put the oil skins on and plop some cut bait in the river and see what happens. Would like to have a little Striper on the Barbeque soon.

Oh well pray for sunshine and warmer water.

Raven
05-23-2005, 06:21 AM
if it was a new gail at hooters.....
then at least somethin would be shakin :humpty: :)

Mr. Sandman
05-23-2005, 08:27 AM
TUE NIGHT
N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO
17 FT. RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Should be interesting....with the full moon and all. :sick: Just heard on the radio that we should expect gusts exceeding 60 now. Looks like a couple more trees will go. I am going out today on the boat then lashing it to the dock and going to put a few extra lines on my neighbors boat (who does not do the best job tying it up and never comes to look at it)

likwid
05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Today is a good day to play hookey.

Karl F
05-23-2005, 08:50 AM
big tides, big NE winds, big rain, strom surge, coastal erosion :sick:
plovers will be displaced from their nest, prolonging their process, and making the closures last longer... downright depressing outlook... 32 year old local guy who fished "my" beach was found in his truck down there last Friday AM... ate his shotgun, nobody seems to know why... I saw him down there last weekend, tossed some plugs with him, shot the breeze, he seemed OK :doh: friggin sad... but he did keep mentioning how it all seemed to be going away down there.......

Mr. Sandman
05-23-2005, 03:25 PM
I just cut and pasted the 10 day forecast:

Tonight Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed

May 23 May 24 May 25 May 26 May 27 May 28 May 29 May 30 May 31 Jun 1

Showers Showers / Wind Showers Showers Few Showers Showers Few Showers Few Showers Showers Scattered Showers

51°F 51°F 57°F 62°F 62°F 60°F 58°F 60°F 64°F

The average high should be like 70. What happened to global warming? :skulz: