View Full Version : Lookin for a welder/metal fab..

reelecstasy
05-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Anyone out there a welder/metal fabricator? I just got a rod holder and i need to fab up something so I can mount it to the front of my truck..
These days unless you buy a Jeep, all you got is a piece of plastic for a bumper :rollem:

Thanks

ProfessorM
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Chris I do not know if you saw the one on the front of my truck when I was over. Mine is a cooler holder, 128 qt. Second vehicle it has been on. I am sure you could mount a rod holder the same way. It has a mount bolted to the truck, 2 tubes, and then you just slide the cooler rack into the two tubes and use pins to secure. That way when you don't want the thing on the front of your truck you slide it off and store it. Only thing left is the mount, unseen. A guy in Lakeville did it for me. He is a member of the MBBA and has done many. He works at the dump, but has a shop on Rt. 18. I will ask him if he still does that stuff when I go to the dump this week. Not sure if you want to go to Lakeville or not. Paul

reelecstasy
05-24-2005, 12:04 PM
at this point, i just wanna get er done....
(I was hopin you would chime in) :hihi:

Van
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Anyone out there a welder/metal fabricator? I just got a rod holder and i need to fab up something so I can mount it to the front of my truck..
These days unless you buy a Jeep, all you got is a piece of plastic for a bumper :rollem:

Thanks

Bring it to the meeting and I'll have a look, I have a machine shop and mig welder here.

reelecstasy
05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
thanks Van....I'll talk to ya tonight

likwid
05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Evergreen Sheetmetal in New Bedford.

Karl F
05-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Paul, Is that Advanced Welding on Rt. 18?
If so, he makes some real nice stuff.

ProfessorM
05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Karl I am not sure of the name, even though I go by it several times a day. :wall: He is on Rt. 18 in Lakeville. He also does conversions of campers, big things like Winnebago's, to 4 wheel drive for the beach. Pretty sure he is a MBBA member like us. I am sure you probably know him. He works for the town of Lakeville now but still does the welding stuff on the side . He does do some nice stuff too. Paul

reelecstasy
05-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I basically need to fab up some way of mounting a 2" reciever on the front of my 4Runner. I have a 6 rod-rod holder that can slide into a reciever...oh yeah, btw MSBA,MBBA and Local 2222 IBEW
and proud to be a member of them all......

Karl F
05-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Paul, one and the same I was thinking of.
reele... he can do what you need, no prob, I am sure.. he makes some real nice cooler and rod racks as well...