View Full Version : Got My "Crazy Swap" Plugs Today!

BigFish
05-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Nice batch o' plugs.....you guys are making some nice wood to be sure! :btu: Thanks to all who were involved and I plan on getting them wet this weekend! :jump: Now for Tagger I will post pics of the plugs I put into the swap! I hope all liked them and they catch many!

BigFish
05-27-2005, 12:43 PM
:eyes:

gldnbear93
05-27-2005, 01:23 PM
those are beauties!!

Tagger
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Beautiful Plugs Larry !!!!!! :bc: your making some great stuff ..

Nebe
05-27-2005, 02:00 PM
just got my box :humpty: my cat attacked some of them, and thankfully the clearcoats survived :D

Nebe
05-27-2005, 02:01 PM
this is the style I threw in. :angel:

partsjay
05-27-2005, 02:43 PM
That is the most beautiful picture..these eyes have seen. Unbelievable plugs Larry....how can I get one? :drool: :drool: :eyes:

justplugit
05-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Whoa Larry, they had to be worth waiting for.:hihi: Tangerine.:drool:

Young Salt
05-27-2005, 05:03 PM
i did the poppers - gotta love those red-heads :lm:

i'm tring to post the pics, but i keep getting the following error.
POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.
I know i posted at least 1 pic after the site was upgraded. What am i doing wrong :confused:

Fishpart
05-27-2005, 06:54 PM
I made the rod snapping black over gold needle..

Got them today, they are all beautiful, Larry the Burple swims nice in fresh water....................

Backbeach Jake
05-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Mine were waiting when I got home from an awful day at work. I saw those plugs and the Sun came out and the birds started singing! Thanks guys, what a treat!! And Canalman, a HUGE thankyou your way. :jump: Sorry that I don't have a pic just yet, I'm away from base-camp. Again, Thank-you everyone!!! :wave:

Nebe
05-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Yes, Canalman, thankyou for organizing this swap and it looks like we all proved you were crazy after all :D

Now, i want everyone to fish my swimmer.. it will do you no good hanging on a wall :D

BigFish
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Going plug dunking in the am....stay tuned! :bl:

Slipknot
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
plugs

from the top - Backbeach Jake
Eben
Breezy Kid
Bigfish
canalman
youngsalt
me
Fishpart
and Christian's needle on the right side

:jump:

NIB
05-28-2005, 08:31 PM
WWWWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tagger
05-29-2005, 06:14 AM
Nice looking set of plugs ,.. Canalman ? what is it ? proto type ? Jake/Fred off center turning .. love that Palomine looking plug with the old pflueger colors.. Slip needle the nuts ..all great .. :claps:

Christian
05-30-2005, 02:55 PM
youngsalt- that polaris will bring death to fish. its on my rod right now.
big fish- i got the orange with red chin, what an awsome little plug, i will fish it tonight.
breezy kid- that plug will kill when the baby bunker and baby herring are in here
eben- sick nasty, danny will get some major use around some rocks in boston harbor.
backbeach- that plug is awsome, i love the paint and the eyes, really has a fish profile. my friend will be soo jealous when he see's it. he loves plugs like that.
slip- wow. awsome wood.
canalman- that plug ROCKS, wooden alternitive to black mambo.
fishpart- that plug is solid. a heavy weight, solid built plug. the edges on that plug are crisp. very professional.

likwid
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM
plugs

Man I shoulda ho'ed you when I had the chance. :laughs:

Fishpart
05-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Just a clear coat no epoxy....All rattlecans. Sinks by the tail but bounces to the surface lie a pencil when you work it.........

They ar all works of art, but they ain't goin in no museum...

Christian
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
the polaris got me fish yesterday :bl:

Canalman
06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Guys, I thought it was a thankless job.... but you guys have proven otherwise.. now I know that there's hope for the future, for peace, good will to men and women alike.... I see a brighter world ahead, who would have thought that a swap, SO crazy, so riddled with set backs and deadlines could solve the much bigger riddle of world peace, but I digress......... :rotfl: :laugha: :rotf2:

Tagger that plug is a bomber substitute that has a guitar pick in place of the lip. It is WAY TOO time consuming to make a lot of. They swim pretty good, but if you guys have trouble getting it to swim, try changing hook sizes I recommend 2/0 but 1/0 are sometimes better, also try putting a splt ring on the nose loop if it doesn't swim as is.

-Dave

Tagger
06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Guitar pick lip ??? .. dude that plug rocks.. whats next Drum Stick needles ..? actually thats a good idea.....I'm in for next year ... better set date now .. Plugs due no later than say April 20 th 2006, unless you catch lazy bastage disease.. then add a couple of months . no more then 25 people..

Nebe
06-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Guitar pick lip ??? .. dude that plug rocks.. whats next Drum Stick needles ..? actually thats a good idea..

tagger do you know what drumsticks are made of????? ;)

Backbeach Jake
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
tagger do you know what drumsticks are made of????? ;)
Dark meat turkey!

Nebe
06-01-2005, 06:08 PM
HArd male.. I mean maple :hee:

Young Salt
06-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Christian glad to hear you already caught on the popper. You've gotta be the first to catch on a swap plug....i havent even put hooks on mine yet :hs:

A few sticks are made out of maple, but most drumsticks are made from hickory.

I play the drums, canalman obvously plays guitar, maybe we can talk BM into doing one of his raps. If we can't find a bass player, we could get one of the members to play the XXX jug (one of my favorite instruments) :D

zacs
06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
rappin' mikey can bust out some pretty nice rhymes. And I kill on the Jug. However, you must remember the first rule when playin' a Jug - Never stop in the middle of a Ho Down. (Homer Simpson)

The Dad Fisherman
06-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Guitar pick lip ??? .. dude that plug rocks.. whats next Drum Stick needles ..? actually thats a good idea.....I'm in for next year ... better set date now .. Plugs due no later than say April 20 th 2006, unless you catch lazy bastage disease.. then add a couple of months . no more then 25 people..

I want in next year....PLEASE

BasicPatrick
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I need Christian Plugs....

dey work good

reelecstasy
06-08-2005, 07:15 AM
I will go in on next year, sign me up :rtfm:

Christian
06-08-2005, 10:22 AM
what is up with young salts polaris??
it wont stop catching fish. its in the "go to" section of my bag.

i just suited up everything with trebles. they are in the bag. :spidey:

JohnR
06-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Guys - I just picked up the Crazy Plugs from Canalman (via Fishaholic) and all I gots ta say is :kewl: - you guys cranked out some sweet stuff as usual and these will be lovely fedd into the maws of some bass :D - Sweet work and my sincere thanks!!!!!!

Damn those are sweet!

Breezy
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, havent been home since may 23, and wont be till July 23, out on a training ship, cruising around europe, right now im in Pallma de Mallorca. The plugs look awesome, cant wait to get home and try em out. Adios!