View Full Version : G'd Afternoon everyone

MrHunters
05-29-2005, 11:37 AM
This is my first post on the board so I thought I would say a quick hello and show my appreciation for all the good info here.
:bl:

I was wondering if anyone could provide some hints on any good places around Beverly Area where a boat isnt needed...seeing i am boatless.
Anyway, hope everyone is having a good memorial day weekend.

-S

BigFish
05-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Welcome MrHunter.....any place in Beverly where water meets shore is a good bet you won't need a boat. Remain true to your name and "Hunt"! :hihi: Just funnin' with you....not familiar with that area but welcome to the site and enjoy your holiday weekend. Happy fishing! :wavey:

MrHunters
05-29-2005, 11:44 AM
OHHHHHH see its a good thing i posted because i've just been casting in my back yard and all i catch there are the train tracks... Duh...thanks for the tip :rotfl:

Im really only familiar with spots in Gloucester, and since Ive moved to Beverly, havent done all that much exploring.

Thanks again.

BigFish
05-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Is Gloucester all that far from you? If I was you I would head over that way....lots of rocky areas and such...you must know all the good spots there having lived there previously? I keep meaning to trek up to Gloucester/Rockport and do some fishing but living on the south shore and traveling alot to the Cape to fish prohibits me.....one of these days. :btu:

MrHunters
05-29-2005, 11:53 AM
hehe,
no the trek up to gloucester isnt far at all but was just hoping there might be some hot spots right down the street.. :)
Not that I am apposed to the drive, just curious about any reachable spots around here.

Less time driving and more fishing is always an attractive mix

Clammer
05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Welcome & enjoy :cool:

MrHunters
05-29-2005, 01:14 PM
thanks clammer :p

JohnR
05-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't know Beverly but its really simple, Find:

A:) Access

B:) Moving water around structure - most of you mass people take it for granted but you have twice the tide differential that we have in RI

C:) Inspect "Fishy" areas during the day with a moon low, take notes :)

Now if Beverly is like many coastal places in Mass, seems they'll want to keep people from fishing but you should still be able to find some access.

Welcome to the site & good luck. The journey to find fish can be as rewarding as the catching when you make a good honest effort with it :)

MrHunters
05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
You are definetly right about access being the most important. I went out yesterday during low tide to see if I couldnt find a place to prop myself and the two potential spots I thought would be good (ive actually been there before but in a boat) were right on a main road with a slight walk to the shorline. Now its set up as a public walkway but I dont know what the rule is about parking in the breakdown lane for a few hours.

The other is a private beach that requires a sticker but as of yesterday they werent checking yet....I'll find out this evening.

PS
you are right I had never thought of the tidal advantage.
Where in RI are you? Im heading down there in two weekends.

Thanks for the tips. Ill let you know how it goes :)

MrHunters
05-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Now if Beverly is like many coastal places in Mass, seems they'll want to keep people from fishing but you should still be able to find some access.

aint that the truth....my efforts went to the point of frustration. I travelled from Beverly all the way to Magolia (about 16miles) and found one spot that allowed non resident sticker parking.....Everywhere else had no parking tow zone signs plastered everywhere or resident parking only signs...

someone needs to get a boat ::points at myself:: :)

reelecstasy
05-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard :wave:

eelman
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
1 dozen live eels
Saltwater
moving water

1)Take live eel, place hook in mouth

2) Cast live eel into saltwater that is moving

3) Enjoy your bass !

MrHunters
05-31-2005, 04:52 PM
what are you guys using right now other than live eel??

eelman
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Well, eels is all I use but if you cant get them, use the 9 inch Sluggo, they really do work well

http://www.surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/StoreImages/rigged_sluggos/Rigging_Sluggos.aspx