View Full Version : Plymouth Boat Ramp

ProfessorM
05-30-2005, 06:18 PM
I heard they finally put in a dock at the ramp in Plymouth. How is it? Both sides of the ramp? Really too bad that a good ramp like that never had a dock. Can't use the ramp unless you have someone with you or you run your boat up on the cement. Real PIA. Paul

missing link
05-30-2005, 06:33 PM
wow, i'll have to take a ride down there tomorrow, i heard it was going to go along side of the jetty/ rocky area to the right if your backdown down the ramp.

Sgt_Nutz
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I was there Saturday am and there was NO dock. I will be there again in the morning but I doubt they worked over the weekend.

Squid kids Dad
05-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I have heard the ramp is a work in progress...Permits ect...Probally not till next year

Moses
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Not there as of yesterday afternoon.....

BigPete
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I talked to the harbormaster today and the docks are scheduled to be completed by mid-June..... the only problem is the contractor that the state awarded the contract to hasn't even started the job.... :splat:

ProfessorM
05-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the update. Figures. They really have dragged this out for a long time. Typical. Glad I asked I would have been really pissed if I went down there by myself and no dock. Mid June. I'll bet. Probably finish it in late Nov. PIA. Paul

Van
05-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I've seen some of the craziest S at that ramp.
People used to line up with camcorders to tape the "action"...

Love my slip....... :kewl:

Good to hear they finally put docks in though. ;)

BigBo
05-31-2005, 03:05 AM
You have to get there early just to get a viewing spot at that ramp. People set up their chairs, bring lunches, shade umbrellas, etc. just to watch the show. Next they'll have to set up stadium seating.

ZOO. :hs:

likwid
05-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Atleast you can jig off the breakwater while watching the crazies go at it. :D

macojoe
05-31-2005, 08:12 AM
I wish I lived closer!! I use to use that ramp alot!! and had the best time watching the fools!!

That ramp is why I do not fish weekends any more!! I am a M - F guy only!

BB, I see you are having a nasty night at work, and you talk about me??

likwid
05-31-2005, 08:15 AM
There's ramps going the other way that have better access to some nice spots that are a bit quieter.

Sgt_Nutz
05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Still no docks as of this afternoon. Plenty of fog though. All they way out past the Gurnet. Didnt burn off until mid to late morning. Macks were a little scarce. Could it have anything to do with the 4 trawlers working off the Gurnet I wonder?

ProfessorM
05-31-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm not holding my breath for that dock. Fog was as thick as pea soup for 4 hours in Barnstable today. Never got out to look for macks. Couldn't see s^*&^t. Thank god for my compass. Paul

macojoe
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I will be there fog or not!! Thank God for Chart plotters!! Thanks for the PM. I always start Barnstable and head that way. I never even have to go 1/4 the way and I am in them!!

I might not get there tomorrow??? But will be there Thursday for sure!!