View Full Version : looking for a new scanner & printer

mikecc
12-19-2001, 03:13 PM
I had to get a new system it should be here next week. .This old one was is just not working out between my daughter wanting to play games on it and business applications.I am looking for a new printer & scanner or multi function unit to go with it. does anybody have any preferances or complaints about a brand.:confused:

JohnR
12-19-2001, 03:59 PM
Hey Mike...

Are you just looking to print regular size or larger? Are you just looking to scan regular size?

I have an Epson 640 Color and the new Epsons get you a great color printer for about $150 (Get the USB model) and there are some other Epson's for larger format printing to look at too. Like if you got one that would do 11x17 for sale flyers at the shop for example...

For a scanner, I have a visioneer 8100USB and you can get similar decent scanners for around $100 too.

Your best bet for reciews might be to go to CNET.com and check put their editor's choices for the price range and features you want....

I don't know if I'd get a multi function only because if one part fails after warranty is up, you just replace the one part. If one of the three main multifunction components fail, you could loose all. Not to mention a dedicated scanner is better at scanning and a printer better at printing than most all multi- function devices...