View Full Version : First plug

jeffsod
12-20-2001, 11:51 AM
Well here it is creation number one, a swimmer:

Tattoo
12-20-2001, 11:57 AM
Jeff,

For the first plug it's pretty damn good!

You might want to move that front hook placement more towards the center of the body to avoid having the hook foul up on the line att the time. This will also eliminate the middle hook and drop you down to two hooks, which is better for the fish, and easier to unhook.

Good Job!

Slipknot
12-20-2001, 06:59 PM
Looks good Jeff. I like the color, it looks like it will be good at sunup.

jeffsod
12-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tip Tattoo I will try making one with only one center hook. It is a pain when you got double trebles swinging around trying to unhook a fiesty fish. I had just done it that way because the plug I modeled after was setup that way. The model plug being one of those from www.surelures.com. The color was modeled after one of the super strike darters I bought at CMS and had good luck with on Nauset this past season. Silver belly with a dark green on top. Now alls I have to do is try it to see if it swims as good as it looks. Stock is Western red cedar 2x2 ballaster stuff.

JohnR
12-20-2001, 09:17 PM
Nice work Jeff...

Now you got me thinking back to swimmer dynamics ;) - Anyone have weighting recommendations??

Slipknot
12-20-2001, 09:26 PM
I was told to weight them in the very center(middle) so they will wobble on an axis easier I suppose.

Adam R
12-21-2001, 08:34 PM
I weight mine at the balance point of the plug or just slightly
aft of it. Seems to work well.