View Full Version : People scared of water and bass....

RIROCKHOUND
06-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Fished well known spots on the back beach of CC this week; :sled: tons of small fish around from dusk well into the night... got really frustrated watching people (in waders) stand above the swash line, catch a schoolie, drag it up the beach 25ft, lay it in the sand, unhook it, walk back down and put it in the swash, holding it waiting for "the perfect wave" apparently, to release it... Finally lost it and said something about most of those fish dying; got the blank stare back...

People lack fortitude in the surf.. it wasnt big water, what happened to lipping and unhooking and fish and putting back in the water; all his fish were on storms, one single hook, should be a 2second release.... I understand on rocky shores with big water backing up for safety and unhooking, I do that, but comeon this was ridiculous; saw it happen with at least 2 other guys; one guy fumbled with a tape measure on bass that had to be 22".... the damn fish was out of the water for at least two of my casts, and then when I returned back that way an hour later they left their trash... people suck

ThrowingTimber
06-03-2005, 10:26 AM
problem easily solved by carrying a ruger :hee:

reelecstasy
06-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree, people do suck :doh:

Peter Lajoie
06-05-2005, 06:28 AM
My boga grip doubles as an idiot beater too... :whackin: :whackin:

BigFish
06-05-2005, 07:33 AM
I find that if, while you are fishing, there are many googans/idiots....you can quickly clear the beach and have it all to yourself if you follow my instructions.

1. Pick a nice comfortable fishing spot well in view of everyone...perhaps centered among the crowd.

2. Rig up your rod, whatever you have to do to prepare to fish.

3. When ready to fish, before making your first cast, strip naked to the bone and do the "naked, fishing on a public beach and I need a keeper before the police arrive" fish dance!

4. Most if not all of the folks around will leave you to your fishing spot....with the exception of the most ardent surfcasters....and obviously...they will know how to properly release fish!

5. One last thing....apply lots of sunscreen, especially to your private areas.....it can be dangerous out there! :rotf3:

I tried this once and it worked perfectly......but the judge told me not to do it again at least until my probationary period is over! :rotf2:

:jester:

Backbeach Jake
06-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Now Larry, if that wasn't a poke in the mind's eye.... :poke: Now I gotta be ready to run. :rotf3:

Karl F
06-05-2005, 09:14 AM
why U need suntan lotion at night???

If you did that at some of them Provinceland beaches in the day light, we'd be calling you Big Fellah, instead of Big Fish :rotf2:
Or, Lucky Larry :hihi:... you'd catch something allright!!!!

fishaholic18
06-05-2005, 10:21 AM
BF, one more to add to your list, tell them about the pack of Coyote's you've been running into out there.
I used that one last night and it worked like a charm. :walk:

BigFish
06-05-2005, 01:37 PM
:rotf2: :jester: :laugha: :heybaby:

likwid
06-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Saw two of these at one of BM's favorite places.

Drag em up the beach to the top storm break line THEN unhook them.
Or the guy who just stood there like a lost puppy scared of a teeny schoolie.

RIROCKHOUND
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
LikWid...
Exactly...
still riles my blood....

BrianS
06-06-2005, 09:54 AM
people can learn from their mistakes..

i was out with someone 5-6 years ago or so now out on P-town with someone who obviously had not been fishing in awhile...

Caught about a 14" bluefish... The guy got all excited and started yelling roll it on the beach, roll it on the beach..

I thought he was joking so I did, he picked it up, unhooked it, and said all seriously "good thing I was here"

He isnt like that anymore...

NaCl H2O
06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Rumor has it that scientists are feverishly working trying to isolate the releasing-fish-in-the-suds gene. Some speculate though, that a breakthrough might be years if not decades away. For now the best course of action is to cull those not born with that ability, from the gene pool. As a previous poster mentioned a ruger would be just right for that purpose. ;)