View Full Version : Nice To See An Old Friend!

BigFish
06-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I had a visit from a long ago friend the other day! An old childhood neighbor of mine (my Mom still lives in the old neighborhood) is moving from the house she had raised her family in and moving to an assisted living type place. While she was cleaning out her garage, she came across this Buddy-L "Coke" truck.....well she flipped it over and saw the name Larry written on the bottom and realized that it belonged to me because my Mom always wrote our names on everything....(know what I mean?). Anyway, she gave the truck to my Mom to give to me and I must say I was surprised and very pleased to see my old friend. The hours I spent loading and unloading the mini-coke cases on and off the truck! It used to have little plastic cases and a small 2-wheeler that fit in the side. What a great time of life when all that matters to you is to play trucks. I almost felt a tear well up when my Mom handed it to me. I had a great childhood and here was a little piece of it coming back to me....pretty sweet! :happy:

BigFish
06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Thank God for Mom's! :)

Van
06-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Nice, I had a great collection of Tonkas from back in the day.
They were all destroyed in a house fire mom and dad had in 82, along with everything else from my childhood............all gone. :mad: :mad:

Pass it down to the next generation..maybe they'll do the same. :rotf2:

Clammer
06-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Larry /it doesn,t get any better // enjoy the moment :conf:

vineyardblues
06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Now if it said "BFL" on the bottom ...lol WOW
Congrats

VB

Raven
06-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Nice, I had a great collection of Tonkas from back in the day.
They were all destroyed in a house fire mom and dad had in 82, along with everything else from my childhood............all gone. :mad: :mad:

same thing happened to me Van ...
hook and ladders for real on the front lawn
half melted army men still surfaced years later....
with 5 brothers there was one heck alot of toys....
it was the toy room....and the trains that caught fire.

nice lil truck Larry

UserRemoved1
06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Great post Larry! To be young again and relive it all.

I watch my 11 month old and can't believe how fast it slips away.