View Full Version : spring/summer or early fall

jsullivan
06-07-2005, 09:09 PM
of course everybody and there uncle goes out and hits the salt when the fish show ....but if you had the choice when?
me.. I was looking through some pics today and began to wonder how much of a trade off is it?
summer=vacation time fisherman, traffic , company beside me when I fish , trash , excited summertime blitz chasers that motor up to my albies full throttle and sound em all , beach crowds , ..granted all of these are avoided by fishing at night but...

FALL= fat fish , quiet time , wool hat , fat fish , solitude ...and I dont long haul the season till the end because I hunt so there are guys out long after Im gone.

In the end after being out this yr. seems like there are more fisherman less space (and yes I have spots ) still they are getting few and far between when it comes to alone time.

If you could pick one which would it be ?????

riverrat2
06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I love the fall. Too cold for the tourists and the fish are fat and willing. Nothing better than an october night on the cape.......

capesams
06-07-2005, 09:32 PM
july...up at 4am , in the water[boat] by 5....hit some spots,,,get my fill of bass,,,head out for some cod...stop on the way back for one more bass...home by 3..fish for dinner.

basswipe
06-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I love the whole season.

Nebe
06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
early april.... late december. nothing huge, but bass on just about every cast :bounce:

BasicPatrick
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
June, June, and then again....June

though if I had to keep it to one time of the year it has to be DERBY TIME :bounce:

Peter Lajoie
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I like may and october.........This year I was out of work for the whole month of may and I fished every moment that I was awake......and have some nice fish to show for it...

Rob Rockcrawler
06-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I would pick the fall. There is something about the season coming to an end that makes the fishing more urgent and usually more successful. June is a real close second though, this has been a pretty good year so far, better than last up till this time.

Slingah
06-08-2005, 05:32 AM
I like the "feel" of the fall better but would have to say June has giving me more and larger fish