View Full Version : Shha Shha Shha Shha SHARK!!!

Roseneath
06-08-2005, 02:59 PM
The other night I walked a good-distance to a fishing spot and a dozen casts later there is a seal twenty feet away staring at me. I left, but it got me thinking about all the seals around (especially the cape), the great white in Lacky’s Bay last fall, the upcoming 30-year anniversary of Jaws… and now this.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050608/ap_on_re_us/surfer_bitten_1

Unfortunately, given the increase in the food source, we’ll probably hear about more shark encounters in the future.

beachwalker
06-08-2005, 04:54 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kid got hit by a Great White in Jersey today or yesterday.

Sgt_Nutz
06-08-2005, 04:55 PM
I had the same thought back in April with all the seals in the Weweantic and all around Buzzards bay. Reminded me of all the Great White documentaries on TV. Been seeing seals around Plymouth now and again as well. :eek:

Nebe
06-08-2005, 05:58 PM
a friend of mine was taking the BI ferry over to the island last week.. the boat suddenly stops in the biddle of BI sound and the captian gets on the speaker and says " ladies and gentleeman, there is something off the port side that you might want to see". he went and looked- there was an 18 foot long shark swimmng along

Roseneath
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
A young kid in South Africa got swallowed WHOLE the other day.

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=618012005

Sounds like the people of South Africa want to lift a ban on the killing of great whites.

No need to kill the sharks around here, just take away their food source :nailem:

MakoMike
06-09-2005, 06:34 AM
a friend of mine was taking the BI ferry over to the island last week.. the boat suddenly stops in the biddle of BI sound and the captian gets on the speaker and says " ladies and gentleeman, there is something off the port side that you might want to see". he went and looked- there was an 18 foot long shark swimmng along

Eben, Basking sharks have been around the Island for a couple of weeks now. Some are scraing the crap out of the small boaters fishing off the SW corner.