View Full Version : Barnstable Ramp ?

Sgt_Nutz
06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Thinking of hitting the Barnstable Ramp in the AM and have never been there. Any info. on parking, fees, ramp conditions???????

Fishing spots? :rotfl:

Went out of Plymouth this AM. Still no docks. Harbour Master says they are to go in the second week of June. Told him they must be on there way but still no docks as of noon. Still the ever present peanut gallery.......

Slipknot
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM
there is parking, and it's 5 bucks to launch I think.

there are 2 ramps.

Blish point ramp is steep as you would guess because of the tides, it's in decent shape and has a dock right along side it.

Sandwich Marina at the canal is another good ramp if you are going out in the Bay, 5 bucks also I think.

Sgt_Nutz
06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the info. Slipknot,

Just got off the phone, we are trying the Sandwich Ramp. Used it once last spring and I think it was $7 or so. May head towards Barnstable from there....

Ooops, thank you too Matt. $8. Inflation.....
"Landlocked in ...prison" thats funny. I work at a prison!

See y'all on the water.

Uncle Matt
06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
$8.00 launch fee at Sandwich Marina. $100 for the yearly permit. Plenty of parking but can get busy. Several hoses to wash the boat.

macojoe
06-08-2005, 08:07 PM
The ramp in Barnstable is Clean of sand!! Its pretty quite during the week and I was there today and no one there collecting money?? But it is $5

The snaper blues are in there today, Bass was slow, and Macks getting real scarce!

ProfessorM
06-09-2005, 09:19 AM
B-ramp is good during the week. No crowds. Weekends get there early or you will find no parking. The crowds at the end of the day pulling out can be a royal PIA, just expect it and your blood pressure will thank you. 5 bucks or 75 for year. If you got a big boat putting in at low tide will be a pain, possible but a pain because at low tide it gets real steep and there is not much water to float the boat. Pulling out at low can be diffucult because of the steepness and the slipperyness of the ramp. I need to use 4 wheel low. Just try to avoid low tide and should be no problem. The town has a ramp between the restaurant and the whale watch building. Parking is at the end of the harbor across from the bulkhead, which is 1000 yards from the ramp so you need someone to park trailer while you move boat. It is free but parking can be an issue on weekends. Good luck. Paul

bassmaster
06-12-2005, 12:00 AM
The ramp in Barnstable is Clean of sand!! Its pretty quite during the week and I was there today and no one there collecting money?? But it is $5

The snaper blues are in there today, Bass was slow, and Macks getting real scarce!
joe my side point is holding bass
lets go....

macojoe
06-12-2005, 06:35 AM
when are you able to go??

bassmaster
06-12-2005, 03:57 PM
now

macojoe
06-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Now was not good time LOL!!

Stop by and lets make a plan!!