View Full Version : Props to AftersHour's plug, but DAMN the cops!

Notaro
06-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi, I went to Cotuit and parked at Oregon and went for a swim. Then two or three hours later, I got a ticket for breaking "parking beach regulation." i parked in a designated place and i didnt poach, bathe nude, trepass private property, and litter. other cars didnt have the residence sticker, but they didnt get ticketed. i didnt see the cops. so what should i do guys? i got a feeling that i was singled out based on personal bias or discrimination.

Peter Lajoie
06-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Whats this have to do with afterhours
You probaly parked somewhere were you werent supposed to but werent aware of it.....

Notaro
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
nah, i just want to say that his plug lighten my day up a little, but the ticket ruined my day. i parked where the cars were at.

Peter Lajoie
06-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Id go down to the station and ask them what the hell is going on......afterhours does make some sweet plugs though you got that right :love:

Notaro
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Id go down to the station and ask them what the hell is going on......afterhours does make some sweet plugs though you got that right :love:

i told my mom about it. we might just plan to do that, but i am wondering if anyone here know the regulation at oregeon. besides, it is a public beach.

Squid kids Dad
06-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Joe I feel your pain....But to say the police are doing this from discrimination is way off base..If you didnt see them then they didnt see you..Right..I have heard they have been passing out tix's there..But to a select few..Dont no why..But I highly doubt its discrimination..I will be there everyday next week..Hope I dont get any tixs..If you want there is another place close by that is defianately public..Give me a PM if you are free any day next week..Let me know

thefishingfreak
06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
put the ticket on the car in front of you.
maybe they will pay it :huh: :D

Notaro
06-08-2005, 09:24 PM
put the ticket on the car in front of you.
maybe they will pay it :huh: :D
hahaha i wish. i spoke to the local and they told me that i shouldn't have a ticket. but if the owner finds my name on the ticket, he wld be pissed. ;)

Gloucester2
06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Joe it's posted no parking all along that road . . . you were there for quite a while and th ecops happened by and you got bagged - the other cars you saw prolly came later hence no ticket. Chalk it up as another cost of fishing . . . why waste your time fighting it - you'll loose and miss time that could have been spent fishing.

Notaro
06-09-2005, 10:04 PM
yea, i just found out today. my mom called the barnstable office and they explained to her that i didn't have any resident beach sticker. if i want one, i would have to pay 40 a week or $200 for a season.

justplugit
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Used to be you were all right before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Last year they moved it up to Columbus Day. Don't ask me how i know but i'm $25 poorer.:(

Skip N
06-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I find it hard to believe this is discrimmination. Did the cop follow you and wait for you to head to the beach and then ticket you? What is your basis for a dissrimination claim? Unless you have clear cut evidence don't throw that out there. You cheapen the people who have accually been discriminated against. Don't go the discrimination card unless you have proof.

BigFish
06-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah Dave....I noticed alot of the signage on our local beaches has changed also....used to be before Memorial Day was ok now they are squeezing tighter and tighter......access is closing and it just, plain blows!!! Its the "Haves" and the "Have Nots"! It is wrong.....so screw them I say.....find every sleezy way you can to get around the system....any system and get what you need! :bl:

Notaro
06-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I find it hard to believe this is discrimmination. Did the cop follow you and wait for you to head to the beach and then ticket you? What is your basis for a dissrimination claim? Unless you have clear cut evidence don't throw that out there. You cheapen the people who have accually been discriminated against. Don't go the discrimination card unless you have proof.

Yeah, that's why I just said that its all clear. I didn't have any residental beach sticker on my car.

Skip N
06-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, that's why I just said that its all clear. I didn't have any residental beach sticker on my car.

Cool, I just don't like seeing people throw around discrimination thing when they have no evidence what so ever. It does noone any good. Jesse Jackson is the king of doing that crap

Notaro
06-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Cool, I just don't like seeing people throw around discrimination thing when they have no evidence what so ever. It does noone any good. Jesse Jackson is the king of doing that crap

Yup, same ole story. Man, I hate the parking tickets. I guess that it means I will have to buy a summer house to live in Barnstable County so I can park at fish anywhere I want.

Swimmer
06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Notaro, let us know when you buy and we will all register a vehicle there to save the two bills. Obviously though the cruiser is making one pass a day and your were there and the other cars were not. Probably the officer never came back. I doubt the Barnstable chief assigns an officer to drive to all the beaches, after all Barnstable probably has twenty or thirty beaches, and tag all the cars every day until the end of the month.