View Full Version : Who likes purple?

ProfessorM
06-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I am curious if purple is a color that is well liked by needle fisherman. I need to send out a batch of plugs to powder coating and need a few reccomendations on colors. He is going to try black over gold and an aqua green and a candy yellow. I have not seen these colors up close yet so I will have him do a few for a look see. I did see the purple and I liked it but was curious what you all think of purple. I am also doing some in black, hard coat anodizing, through work. Thanks for the help. Paul

Canalman
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Paul,

I have had pretty good luck on purple needles, I also like olive/white, olive gold and black. I am not a needle expert, but I have caught some nice fish on them and those are the colors I prefer.

-Dave

afterhours
06-10-2005, 01:59 PM
paul- purple over black. wanna trade?

Redsoxticket
06-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Deep Purple ---------------- "Smoke on the Water", :smokin:

"Fire in the sky"

bassmaster
06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I am curious if purple is a color that is well liked by needle fisherman. I need to send out a batch of plugs to powder coating and need a few reccomendations on colors. He is going to try black over gold and an aqua green and a candy yellow. I have not seen these colors up close yet so I will have him do a few for a look see. I did see the purple and I liked it but was curious what you all think of purple. I am also doing some in black, hard coat anodizing, through work. Thanks for the help. Paul
that is one of my main colors, some day i will get you here for that plug and show You stuff i keep to my self
purple is killer in the right shade

Nebe
06-10-2005, 08:50 PM
purple belly, black back..

how about lime green and orange?? (parrot)

ProfessorM
06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
:uhuh: I look forward to that day. Hopefully sooner than later I could use the help. Paul

Karl F
06-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Please Advise: How does one with a severe case of aluminum needle envy... aquire one of your's Professor :huh: ?? Fall's coming, and I just know where that needle will produce something large in stripes :D
purple, blurple, green... or just plain (!) will be fine
Will trade wood for aluminum..........

MAC
06-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey Karl, No cutting in line :zup:

Backbeach Jake
06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Well..I gotta throw my elbow in here. What do you want me to build you? :bl:

NIB
06-12-2005, 06:50 AM
purple is killer in the right shade

smile.

bassmaster
06-12-2005, 03:56 PM
give me a plug

ProfessorM
06-12-2005, 04:10 PM
I am still waiting to see all the colors before I send him a good size batch. The next bunch which I hope to send out this week will be for trading. There will be some new colors for me to see. I am also getting some done in solid black hard coat within the next week too. Don't worry Steve you are first. :bl: Seriously I hope a few weeks and I will have some ready to go. Beside's I raked about 30 lbs of sandeels today who needs copycats when you got the real thing. Paul aka Mr. Patience

ThrowingTimber
06-12-2005, 04:51 PM
purple totally owns :devil:

Slipknot
06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Please Advise: How does one with a severe case of aluminum needle envy... aquire one of your's Professor :huh: ?? Fall's coming, and I just know where that needle will produce something large in stripes :D
purple, blurple, green... or just plain (!) will be fine
Will trade wood for aluminum..........

I can spare ya a prototype Karl, I'll get it to ya this coming weekend if you are not soccer dad.

thefishingfreak
06-12-2005, 08:17 PM
how do you plan to powdercoat aluminum? not gonna work.
you mean anodize? i'll take a gold one :bl:

ProfessorM
06-13-2005, 10:33 AM
It works fine. Done it already. Pretty common on Alum. Candy colors and clear. Gold will be done this next batch. Plain anodizing will not hold up. You have to hard coat anodize. It changes the molecular structure of the surface of the alum. We use it in the oceanographic buis. More $ though. Slip has had a few he is going to try and paint and seal to see what happens. Mac system 3'd one that has held up good too. Paul

Slipknot
06-13-2005, 10:40 AM
. Slip has had a few he is going to try and paint and seal to see what happens. Mac system 3'd one that has held up good too. Paul

I rigged one up with just stick on mylar stuff on it's sides just to test. You are right, sinks fast even with those floaty thingies. if I have time one night I will paint some and epoxy.