View Full Version : Just back from MV.

ragfly
06-13-2005, 05:41 AM
I just had a great week at MV. Thanks to the people on this board that sent me some info to make my trip a little better. The two highlights would be: an 11lb fluke and catching 8 - 10lb blues every cast until my arms couldn't take it anymore....... :jump:

Mr. Sandman
06-13-2005, 08:16 AM
an 11lb fluke
YOU SUCK :exp: That fish was waiting for me! :tooth:

Seriously, that is a very nice doormat. great catch! Gotta get out their again. I tell ya, that fluke fishing for doormats is almost as addicting as bass fishing...only with better hours.

Squibby17
06-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I also just got back from MV. Got one nice bass 33 inches which is nice for me. Also caught many blues at wasque. Unfortunately the last night we got into the dog fish but not the bass. Oh well,

Thanks for the info guys.

ragfly
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey, squibby were you at the big blue fish blitz Tuesday at Wasque? Also forgot to mention the squid were still in.

Squibby17
06-13-2005, 03:06 PM
No I didnt get down to the island untill thursday but I caught 10 blues on surface plugs in about 1 hr. They were all fairly small 4-5 lbs. I walked down to the rip from east beach and hooked up a lot more than the guys who didn't bother making the walk