View Full Version : Tidal Woes

MrHunters
06-14-2005, 02:02 PM
So the depressing factor for the past week is, my schedule makes it such that when I am home the tide is ALWAYS going out and is usually at least a couple hours out at that. This has not stopped me from heading on down pretty much every night but I have had zero luck on the outgoing tide. Anything that is biting seems to always be on the incoming tide.

Is this just a coincidence or shall I just continue to be depressed until the tides finally sync up with my schedule...???
Or do I need outgoing tide bass catching lessons :rotf3:

redlite
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Where you fishin?
That's the great thing about fisherman and theories, mainly that it keeps the shores from being crowded all the time. Some only fish incoming, others only outgoing. I personally aim for outgoin tides.
Tide all depends on place fishing.
Me, I just fish when I can. Just go to different spots for the right tide.

Homerun04
06-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Or do I need outgoing tide bass catching lessons

Some spots only seem to produce on the outgoing....others only on the incoming. Depends on structure, flow, light conditions, etc.

Try another spot on outgoings. Just my $0.02...

MrHunters
06-14-2005, 02:13 PM
north shore, beverly.
I try not to have any theories.....As soon as I start thinking the bite goes wayyyy down. This was just an observation for this week. I did hear though when I was getting some bait yesterday that no one was having any luck around my area.

My addiction will make me fish any tide.....I have no choice :)

t.orlando
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Any river system usually fishes good on outgoing

Clogston29
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
you have a very productive river system very close to you. outgoing is usually good there if you search around.

MrHunters
06-14-2005, 03:34 PM
oh i dont doubt that for one minute, Ive seen some big fish being pulled out of it this year already :)

Bronko
06-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I agree with Tony O. I like to fish rivers and estuaries mainly on the outgoing. Tony, did you ever hit Cutty with those 7 dozen eels?

beachwalker
06-14-2005, 05:19 PM
So the depressing factor for the past week is, my schedule makes it such that when I am home the tide is ALWAYS going out and is usually at least a couple hours out at that. This has not stopped me from heading on down pretty much every night but I have had zero luck on the outgoing tide. Anything that is biting seems to always be on the incoming tide.

Is this just a coincidence or shall I just continue to be depressed until the tides finally sync up with my schedule...???
Or do I need outgoing tide bass catching lessons :rotf3:

Always going out ? for at least a couple of hours ? Dude that is heaven :angel:

You'll figure it out. :chased:

nightfighter
06-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Josh, you know where I been hitting, three days at 0430 and dusk too. Nada. Shore bite has been light up here so far. And that beach has filled in pretty good so I need a good look at the next moon low. Keep on plugging! You aren't alone in that on the north shore.

Clammer
06-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I,ll take that tide forever //never change it :walk:

Nebe
06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I,ll take that tide forever //never change it :walk:

mee too clammah.. and make it the last month in may all year :humpty:

Swimmer
06-15-2005, 10:26 AM
What about Plum island or walking to Crane beach at the reservation? That is some of the best water I have ever seen.

Christian
06-15-2005, 10:31 AM
ive been catching fish consistently in that area

river-outgoing

beach front-incomming

very crowded up there at night

MrHunters
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
the small beach i fish on the outgoing right near my house has been junk.....last night i had it, fed up, plus the wind was gusting right at me so casting was not happening. I finally got my jeep started (starter is gone) and headed over to the other side where I finally had some luck after being skunked 3 times in a row. Thought I was going to have to stay all night because they closed the gate on me, even though it clearly said it closes at 10! Not that that would have been a bad thing.

I was getting slightly discouraged. but that plug sized bass got my hopes back up!