View Full Version : Tom Petty

BrianS
06-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Totally unrelated from fishing, but just got back from the show at Great Woods...

If you havent seen him, its well worth it.. He was amazing. That is a tight band. I didnt realize he had so many hits.. Of course, over 30 years you get a few, but I think of 2 hours of playing I didnt recognize maybe 1 song.

Im seriously considering picking up tix for the July show..

Katie
06-19-2005, 10:48 AM
oh that sounds so cool.. i know a few songs..but its okay to forget songs.. hey its really cool to learn them again like your hearing them for the first time again.. :)

Raider Ronnie
06-19-2005, 07:04 PM
His lead guitar player (Mike Campbell) is awesome!!!

fishsmith
06-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Petty puts on a great show, How were the Black Crowes, that's a good bill.

BrianS
06-20-2005, 08:26 AM
The crowes are pretty tight...

They played alot of obscure stuff.. but it wasnt that bad at all..

It was a great bill in general..

Drew
06-20-2005, 12:06 PM
The Heartbreakers rocked on Saturday night! I hadn't seen them since they toured with Dylan in the 80's, and they sound as good as ever. They are super tight, Tom know's how to play to a crowd, the sound and light show were top notch. Here's the set list:

Listen To Her Heart
You Don’t Know How It Feels
Breakdown
Freefallin’
Turn This Car Around
Don’t Do Me Like That
Mary Jane’s Last Dance
Don’t Bring Me Down
Band Intro
Handle With Care
Crawlin’ Back To You
I Won’t Back Down
It’ll All Work Out
Melinda
Learnin’ To Fly
Don’t Come Around Here No More
Refugee
Runnin’ Down A Dream

Encore: You Wreck Me, Rainy Day Women American Girl

I only wished they played another couple of hours. The boys are coming back in July, and I will be there.

This was my first time seeing the Crowes, and they sounded great. Chris Robinson has some of the best pipes in the business. Unfortunately, a lot of TP fans opted to stay out in the lots getting liquored up, and missed a great show. Sometimes they veered towards jam band excess (you know, the song that never ends....or "what song was this anyway?"), but always managed to pull back before it got out of hand. I wouldn't hesitate to see them as a headlining act.

rwilhelm
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I saw Petty way back in 89 when I was in highschool. He puts on a great show.

The Iceman 6
06-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Saw the Crowes this year @ Hammerstein Ballroom (NYC) on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Love the Crowes, they rock! Different set list every night, and yeah Robinson is quite the showman. Oh yeah, love Petty too. All in all, a great combined show...