View Full Version : afterhours spookster

mrstriper
06-19-2005, 11:07 AM
because of the wind and chop i was having trouble "feeling" my lure while fishing...put on a three ounce black spookster and on the first cast a 42" thick bass...
My retrieve was reel tight twitch twice and repeat...
What other retrieve methods do you guys use?
Also lost waht fought and felt bigger than the 42' on a biteme blurple danny...leader chafed and cut on a rock...
Biteme makes sweet plugs and is probably the best kept secret of plugbuilders out there...and he is probably at home doing two things 1. making dannies( I'll take two!!!) and 2. putting hooks on his afterhours spookster!!!
hey biteme that is why I carry forty pounds af plugs...cause ya never know!!!!
afterhours...sweet plug and need help with the retrieve on the spookster and slider!!!!!!

Biteme
06-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Rookie :jump1:

mrstriper
06-19-2005, 03:12 PM
anyone have recommendations for retrieve types...although mine worked well :angel:
Also the finish on the afterhours plug looked great and I only saw one tiny nick.

afterhours
06-19-2005, 05:16 PM
hi there, with both the spookster and the slider i like to:

- walk the dog with a steady rythym- various speeds
- zig zag with the rod held low side to side - slowly
- porpoise it radically up and down and out of the water
- all of the above
- any questions pm me, don.

missing link
06-19-2005, 05:34 PM
walk it as slow as you can with out it comming in straight ;) ....... works for me

redneck24
06-19-2005, 06:10 PM
slow walk, tight quick tip jerks :kewl: wow this is cool, i actually feel good enough to be on the computer. cant wait till i feel good enough to go fish those afterhours beauty's myself.

Notaro
06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
:wall: :af: yup, those will work. that's how i caught my bass on it. pick up the slack, twitch, twitch, reel, pause or vary ur retrieve rythems. if u chug it and twitch on the top, u will see a bluefish making a quick dash for a kill on the surface on the first wave or so and your retireve, then you got it. also, check ur knots before u use it because its a worthy plug for you not to lose it. trust me, i have done it twice!