View Full Version : C-Rat & JigMeisters

Got Stripers
01-03-2002, 08:21 PM
I'm up the creek, since I can't seem to locate any more of my favorite 3/8 oz Kalin Ultimate Jig Heads. It's the Kalin #38UJ3 and they come 3 to a card, but I'm coming up empty online. This is off Kalins websitehttp://www.rgsiroisco.com/kalin.gif and this is a picture I took of the jig.http://www.rgsiroisco.com/kalin.jpg I'm hoping to talk my supplie of Owner hooks out of the Owner hook model tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain it's a 3/0 saltwater 90 degree jig hook. Any of you guys have anything close?

JohnR
01-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Places where I've gotten Kalin's Jigs before:

M&Ds but he's closed
Sportsmans den (I'm pretty sure)
Hellmart
Sports Authority
MVP sports

Not sure if they are the exact jigs as I usually get the Kalins 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz

jettyjockey18
01-04-2002, 09:07 AM
gs...i've bought the 1-1/8oz kalins jigs from m&d's...i'd check with mike to see if he has the 3/8 oz size... (as soon as he gets back ;) )

Canalratt1
01-04-2002, 05:03 PM
GS those jigs are very similar to the bullet jigs I gave you. There probably is a mold for the sizes you want and you could probably use the Owner hooks. If you get stuck not finding any we'll figure something out and I'll pour them no problem.

Got Stripers
01-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Stopped in and saw Steve Carty today C-Ratt and showed him the jig. He says he can get them or pour something similar. Kalin gave me an 800 number and said to call, so maybe I can buy direct as well. If I come up short next week, I definately might want to get together with you, although I've got no hooks so it might be pointless.

Got Stripers
01-07-2002, 02:28 PM
For anyone interested in that jig head, or maybe their swimming style head, they sell direct. I just put in an order for 100 count, which at $63.09 including shipping, is a really good price. The Owner hook alone is almost a buck locally. FW/BC I would think you guys might want to get in on that. Here's the email they sent me.

Thank you for your inquiry. If you can't find our products in your area, we offer a mail order service. Call (800) 782-2393 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 PM Pacific Time and ask for Yolanda. Our catalog is contained on our website. www.kalinlures.com We accept Visa or MasterCard. Yolanda can give you pricing information and tell about our specials for the day.