View Full Version : weymouth ramp

blue oyster
06-24-2005, 09:08 PM
talked to the guy running the weymouth ramp ,he said it is going to be closed wed-fri while they change pilings and docks (they couldn't do this in april) i guess its the same people doing the plymouth ramp because it was suppose to be done this week , we will see , dosen't it figure i am on vaca that week and the tides are good :wall:

BuckShot
06-25-2005, 08:03 AM
The Hingham ramp is just down the street

blue oyster
06-25-2005, 02:36 PM
do they have a dock in hingham , i usually fish alone ?

ScottM
06-25-2005, 05:08 PM
No dock in Hingham, but there is a sandy beach to the left of the ramp where you could beach the boat while you park.

Newf
06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Called the harbormaster today(Wednesday). He said construction wouldn't begin until the 5th.

Van
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Joe you can launch in Quincy if its close enough, one place is free, but the dock is not quite up against the ramp, the other place charges 10 bucks and has docks on both sides.

BuckShot
06-29-2005, 07:25 PM
You also can launch from the Braintree Yatch Club. It is a public ramp with docks. But you need to park on the street. And then you will have about a 30-45 minute no wake ride to look forward to..unless no ones looking :bl:

blue oyster
06-29-2005, 08:50 PM
van i checked out the ramp down the neck kind of a 2 person job the way its set up and alot of wake waves especially if the ferry boat from hell goes by .the one they charge 10 bucks for is that on the s. arterey ? might use in a pinch , as far as braintree , i lose my mind in the no wake zone at the weymouth ramp i would be suicidal launching from there :crying: , but thank you for the tip

Van
06-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Yes the ramp at the neck is not ideal to launch alone.

The $10 one is behind the Den.
But,,,
If you don't like the "no wake" ride out, then its not for you. Its so far up the river it takes 15+ minutes to get past Wessagussett to open it up.

Thats another reason i left that marina...