View Full Version : Winter Blues, Stripers?

AnthonyN
01-04-2002, 09:40 PM
I will be headed up to providence tommorow afternoon to see if i can catch any holdovers. I am gonna fish across from the outflows. Hope i catch atleast 1 fish. If not i get to go home with a cold. Hopefully there is some action to be had. If any of you have fished there yet what are you using if you hit them or haven't? I plan on fishing mostly jigs with grubs but i have a couple other things on the menu :D

JohnR
01-05-2002, 08:22 AM
I'll say a couple things, be sure to try from the platform next to the power plant's fence. It's a cofferdam type bulkhead with a bunch of cedar on top... With the lack of any rain, chances are the only outflow will be the warm water discharge. The incoming tide may help swing the warmer outflow towards the platform around late morning but a wise birdie told me that the mid afternoon bite has been the best on most days...

Now you may get tossed from the little marina but those docks have produced the most fish for one of the regulars there. A few people that fish there have permission

bloocrab
01-07-2002, 12:26 AM
...:D I saw three dudes fishing off a 12' boat, not far from that abandoned restaurant.....this afternoon....round 1-ish....so there may just be some fishees around....;)

JohnR
01-07-2002, 08:44 AM
I saw one fellow there Saturday in a little aluminum -0 not sure how he did but he was sitting right on top of where they normally are....