View Full Version : check out my new reel

AnthonyN
01-04-2002, 11:31 PM
I have been happy with the performance of my trusty Daiwa Emblem 5000XT. I decided to upgrade today to my new Daiwa Emblem 5000ZA. I am sure i just added 20+ yards to my cast with this upgrade not to mention 3 ballbearings, 2 Aluminum spools, Twice the drag surface area, Infinite Anti-Reverse, stronger gears, and ABS spool. This is my new baby of pluggin reels. I am welcoming him to the family now. The thing is kinda big and bulky compared to the XT but acceptable. I also don't see many of these on the beach I just happen to think they are great reels I have never had a problem.

jettyjockey18
01-05-2002, 08:28 AM
i like the daiwa's too...just don't dunk them, they don't like that...

Saltheart
01-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Good Luck with it Anthony.

AnthonyN
01-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Figured since i was upgrading my pluggin pole might as well do my chunkin. Picked up a new Shimano Thunnus 16000. This thing looks sweet and feels great. HUGE improvment over the Baitrunner which i own 2 6500's. Has all the features that i wish my BR's had. Hopefully it will be just as reliable as my BR's. So far so good.

bloocrab
01-07-2002, 10:32 PM
.....hey, I thought you were strapped for cash??....:laughs: :laughs:

....just kiddin, Good Luck with your new toys............

AnthonyN
01-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Figured i could spend some extra cash in the bank. Income tax returns coming soon!! I couldn't wait so i figured i would start my shopping early. Only problem is i'm bored again thinking about fishing. shopping for fishing stuff keeps ya happy untill you bring it home and can't use it. my wife was nice enough enough to let me dip into savings. She knows i'll replace it when we get our income tax back. Besides she made out with some goodies too. Should have got the oil leaks fixed in my truck. I'll be sorry later :smash:

AnthonyN
01-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Toys!!!??? These are highly sophisticated pieces of fishing technology.

verb, intransitive
toyed, toying, toys
1. To amuse oneself idly; trifle:
2. To treat something casually or without seriousness: t

Yea guess you could define it as a toy :p

chris L
01-08-2002, 04:20 PM
anthony
the improtant thing to remember is live for TODAY ! Then the other thing is Its only money and you cant take it with you when you expire ! so spend spend spend !