View Full Version : Help with Airbrush

John E
06-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Been playing around with the new airbrush and I've noticed lately that the paint is not coming out as fine as it should. It shoots spotty lately and it's probably from not being cleaned properly after each use. I've just been diassembling and rinsing well in tap water. What would you suggest as a couse of action to restore the brush and cleaning routine after each use?

BigFish
06-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Soak in laquer thinner maybe and clean it thoroughly again.

Jigman
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Try createx airbrush restorer. Made for just that purpose and works well. At least it cleaned up the mess I made of my airbrush a while back :doh: Also pick up a pack of airbrush cleaning brushes and use those after soaking in the restorer as recommended. I also use the brushes when cleaning the airbrush after a painting session. Helps get all the crap out of the brush that tends to build up over time.

You have to be careful about soaking your airbrush in various substances cause you can damage O-rings or remove oil inside the brush. A few other things can be damaged too, at least that is what I read somewhere else.

Jigman

justplugit
06-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Like those guys said.:hihi: If your using createx it also helps to flush clean with water after each color change. If it's gravity feed pour water in the top till it runs clean,if it's siphon buy a clean blast cap and let it suck up from a cup of water. In both cases turn it upside down at the end till all the water is blown out and nothin but air is blowin out.
You might find you need to thin down the paint more in this hot waether.

Bernzy
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
What kind of brush is it?
Are your paints thin enough?

For cleaner I use 50% water, 25% simple green and 25% windex.
I use this mix between color changes and at the end of my painting session.
I completely break down and clean my brushes about every 2 weeks.

Bernzy

John E
06-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Bernzy,

I have the Badger Anthem 155. I've been using either straight Createx or Ceramicoat (sp?) mixed 50/50 with tap water.