View Full Version : korkers vs gladiators... where?

BrianS
06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Where is the closest place to pick up a pair of Korkers? I live in Raynham.. Dont want to drive any further than I have to.. Would just order online...

I looked on the M+D site and it looks like a no show
I called Redtop and they said they sold a similiar product called Gladiators...

Does anyone use gladiators?

MAC
06-29-2005, 03:28 PM
If you order online you could probably have them by the weekend

BrianS
06-29-2005, 03:34 PM
dont get paid till tomorrow anyway.. and the CC is off limits.. :)

otherwise, the order would be in..

t.orlando
06-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Go with the korkers, easier on and off, and more stable.

hunan
06-29-2005, 04:03 PM
last time i was at the b + t on washington sreet in norton they had some there. i forget the name right now but it's on the road behind the holiday inn in the taunton ind. park.

likwid
06-29-2005, 05:06 PM
s washington

burgess b + t

cheferson
06-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Joe lyons at surfcating-ri has them or he did last year. Hes quick getting it in the mail too.

cheferson
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Fishaholic18 haS some for sale in the classified forum for $55

Pete_G
06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
I've got Korkers in both styles as well as the Gladiator sandals. If you order or call before the UPS man shows up tomorrow (usually around 4pm) you should have them on Monday.

As for the Gladiators, I've sold quite a few of them and I've never heard any complaints. They look to be built at least as well as the Korkers 1100 but are a lot lighter then the Korker 5000.

Rob Rockcrawler
06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
might wanna check ebay also, they arent there all the time but i got a pair for 15 bucks, cant beat it.

NIB
06-30-2005, 06:35 AM
I been usin the gladiators for about a yr now an have been pretty happy wit em.the spikes are set in a big rubber mound on the sole an at 25o lbs the don't seem to roll out at bad as the korker studs do.I was a little sceptical at first as the don't have as many studs as the korkers u need these for the top o the moutain type hoppin.but they seemed to be just fine.the first thing u do is get some longer laces an do away wit the older ones an the lame thingie thats on there just tie em off wit one rap around the boot.Cut the metal rings off they will corode an break just fish the laces thru the loops. clip the strap over the laces an tighten down they worked great for me an I'll never go back to Korker brand rip off garbage again.

Redsoxticket
06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
K-5000

I would not mail order if your not absolutely sure of the size.

Measure the inside distance from the heel to the toe of the Korker and match to the your wading boot/shoe.
I had a large size which was about a inch or so bigger then the wading shoe. There are times when your between sizes and it is exceptable however I returned for the medium size and it fits perfectly.
Joe Lyons has good service